X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10 Years Ago Today

Afghanistan liberation began!!!

So... any thoughts...
    There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

We did a whole lot better in Afghanistan than we did in Vietnam, so we've come a long ways. Still room for improvement though. Practice makes perfect... we just need to keep invading people.

Comment

Well I've been in eastern Afghanistan (Logar and Wardak provinces) for over 11 months, and will leave soon. It's ruggedly beautiful, and I think I'm going to miss it. The people I've met are just average people (I mean that in a good way), but damn I can't wait to get back to the States!

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson View Post
        We did a whole lot better in Afghanistan than we did in Vietnam, so we've come a long ways. Still room for improvement though. Practice makes perfect... we just need to keep invading people.
        Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Does Sgt. Pepper figure into this in any way?
          1011 1100
          Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Too bad that there aren't very good soft targets remaining. Iran looks pretty much like a hard nut, and let's not speak about China.

Why don't they just try to fix their own domestc problems instead of "saving the world"???

Comment

We can do both at once... more invasions = more jobs. As for lack of soft targets, we could start invading Europe. I hear they have lots of Muslims there, so it should be easy to sell to the public.

Comment

So, didn't war used to be good for the economy...WTF?
                There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Originally posted by Carreidas View Post
                  Too bad that there aren't very good soft targets remaining. Iran looks pretty much like a hard nut, and let's not speak about China.

Why don't they just try to fix their own domestc problems instead of "saving the world"???
                  When staying in office depends upon money from military contractors and selling debt to Wall St... Well, foriegn wars are better for you than fighting about domestic social programs.
                  Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson View Post
                    We can do both at once... more invasions = more jobs. As for lack of soft targets, we could start invading Europe. I hear they have lots of Muslims there, so it should be easy to sell to the public.
                    Muslims AND communists
                    I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                    I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Originally posted by korn469 View Post
                      The people I've met are just average people
                      If by 'average' you mean people who have half an armory stockpiled in their cellar then yes, I agree.
                      I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                      I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Originally posted by Theben View Post
                        If by 'average' you mean people who have half an armory stockpiled in their cellar then yes, I agree.
                        He's in Montana?

Comment

Originally posted by Carreidas View Post

There is still North Korea...
                          O.K., they are fanatics (with maybe even the normal population being so brainwashed that they would attack your soldiers with bare hands) and it is still unsure whether they are capable of launching nuclear weapons (probably nothing more than dirty bombs)
                          but at least their tech level shouldn´t be too high.

The most difficult part would be to get the O.K. from China for the invasion
                          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Originally posted by korn469 View Post
                            Well I've been in eastern Afghanistan (Logar and Wardak provinces) for over 11 months, and will leave soon. It's ruggedly beautiful, and I think I'm going to miss it. The people I've met are just average people (I mean that in a good way), but damn I can't wait to get back to the States!
                            Are you on vacation?
                            I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                            - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Working...
                            X