No announcement yet.

How will you fare if the economy collapses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, in the event of a financial apocalypse, what will China do? My wife and I have actually talked it over, and we guessed they would invade a SE Asian country just to keep the army occupied.
    1011 1100
    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

i'll tell you what's not nice though, this effing server
      "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
        Isn't half of Rio in a post-apocalyptic state already? Favelas of the damned, and all that?
        i live in a favela (if someone says they live on a hill on rio, this is what they mean ). it's actually pretty nice. some of the ones i've seen have been quite bad though, wooden/cardboard shacks, no sanitation, no roads, that kind of thing. however, you can't see them all as one, there's an enormous variety. also you can't believe the things you hear about them, most people don't know what they're talking about.
        "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Originally posted by C0ckney View Post
          most people don't know what they're talking about.
          If there's something I learnt from the internet, it's this.
          Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Originally posted by Archbob View Post
            Lets say Greece causes a chain reaction and Europe collapses, then the USA, the Asia and the world economy goes down the toilet, riot begin and governments begin falling apart.

What preparations have you made and how will you survive?
            I have a little house on nine acres with a pond and woodlot.
            No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by Main_Brain View Post
              So the preparations are basically the same as for a Zombie Apocalypse?
              And just about as likely to happen as well. I'll spend my time planning for the real world, thank you.
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Getting skilled in Kung Fu....

Comment

I suppose I'll take that offer to join the Shadow-Government and live in Shadow-America in the Shadow-World, which is doing fine, btw.
                  “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                  "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
                    So, in the event of a financial apocalypse, what will China do? My wife and I have actually talked it over, and we guessed they would invade a SE Asian country just to keep the army occupied.
                    The army should have their hands full with their own population.
                    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by C0ckney View Post
                      most people don't know what they're talking about.
                      Indeed. The internet is a most wondrous way to spread ignorance and misconception. A worldwide audience awaits any and every stupid and idiotic statement.

Comment

Basic emergency planning: have proper seasonal clothes stored away, lots of water, canned food. A contact plan with friends and family. A portable radio with a hand crank for power. If you can afford them and have no qualms about using them, a home alarm system and guns. If you have more money, a diverse portfolio.

If you're concerned about Greeks, zombies, or hyperinflation, but some extra food and water. If nothing happens, donate the extra to Goodwill.
                        I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                        I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

I'm claiming this post so no one can Exhibit A me.
                          I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                          I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Originally posted by Braindead View Post
                            Indeed. The internet is a most wondrous way to spread ignorance and misconception. A worldwide audience awaits any and every stupid and idiotic statement.
                            This is only poly. First of all everyone is already ignorant. Second, only a handfull of idiots will ever read your post.
                            I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                            - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Working...
                            X