No announcement yet.

Sen. Dick Durbin: "Bank Of America Customers Get The Heck Out Of That Bank!"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sen. Dick Durbin: "Bank Of America Customers Get The Heck Out Of That Bank!"

Comments?

His math seems off. BoA charges 44 cents on average. At 12 cents Durbin says they would lose 2 billion dollars. He says that at 24 cents they'd only lose one billion. 250 million is hardly a rounding error.

This is just unintended consequences. Banks are a very good value, even if there's a five dollar fee. People pay way more than that for gym memberships they never use.
    John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Durbin had a hand in this mess because other corporations lobbied for an amendment to the frank-dodd fiasco.
      "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
      'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by Felch View Post
        His math seems off. BoA charges 44 cents on average. At 12 cents Durbin says they would lose 2 billion dollars. He says that at 24 cents they'd only lose one billion. 250 million is hardly a rounding error.

This is just unintended consequences. Banks are a very good value, even if there's a five dollar fee. People pay way more than that for gym memberships they never use.
        So it is a good thing then.

Comment

BoFA's a perfectly good bank, **** any morons who think that it should run its business differently. Bank profits contribute to the progress of mankind

I am keeping my accounts with BoFA and my debit and credit cards.
          If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
          ){ :|:& };:

Comment

BoFA=Bank of ****ing Anuses?
            “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
              Bank profits contribute to the progress of mankind
              The Yanks had TARP. Who knows how much the taxpayer will need to fork out for rescue programmes for banks in distress with all this crisis in Europe and poorly capitalised banks all over the world.

Comment

Oi, we only had one TARP. The Europeans seem to have needed six or seven. Besides, the money from TARP all got paid back by the banks.

Comment

Oi, we only had one TARP.
                  So far.

Comment

I don't think we're at risk of any banking collapse.

Comment

Originally posted by Braindead View Post
                      The Yanks had TARP. Who knows how much the taxpayer will need to fork out for rescue programmes for banks in distress with all this crisis in Europe and poorly capitalised banks all over the world.
                      TARP was paid back. Or at least, most of it was, I'm not clear on whether all of it was paid back. The point is that it didn't end up costing us a whole lot.

Comment

Bank profits contribute to the progress of mankind
                        Adorable.
                        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

BoFA's a perfectly good bank, **** any morons who think that it should run its business differently. Bank profits contribute to the progress of mankind

I am keeping my accounts with BoFA and my debit and credit cards.
                          I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                          - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                            Adorable.
                            It's true. Just a little bit of critical thinking and you'd see I'm blatantly, obviously right. Have you considered for a moment how banks profit? What do loans do, and what do banks have to do to ensure they make money off of loans? What does this do for the economy? Think about it for like ten seconds and get back to me.

No, actually, that might be more mental exercise than your knee-jerk anti-corporate bull**** can handle. Just chalk it up to my age and be done with it.

Comment

Don't banks give people loans that they couldn't possibly afford and then sell the loans to other banks?
                              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Working...
                              X