The 2011 Ig Nobels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 2011 Ig Nobels

The ceremony was last Thursday. This year's winners are at the top of the page, just thought I'd call it to everyone's attention. I'd actually already heard of some of them (the bottle-humping beetles were mentioned in The Onion once), but I have to say, the Mayor of Vilnius really earned his prize.
    1011 1100
    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Where is the "run over people with tank" option in SimCity?
      If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
      ){ :|:& };:

Comment

SC2k. Build a large city, save, run riots through it until it's all fire and rioters. Eventually, your police & fire stations will all be demolished, and you'll be able to send in the national guard.

Alternatively, call in a couple of hurricanes, and poof. No more rioters or fire.
        Indifference is Bliss

Comment

I don't remember the national guard in 2k, but I played it many many years ago.
          If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
          ){ :|:& };:

Comment

John Perry of Stanford University, USA, for his Theory of Structured Procrastination, which says: To be a high achiever, always work on something important, using it as a way to avoid doing something that's even more important
            Personally I think this is sound advice
            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

The Greek government didn't receive an Ig Nobel for Economics???
              There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Heh, my Mayor may have outdone himself. But there's certainly fewer people parking on biking lanes, that's for sure.
                Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
                Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
                Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

i like the mayor of vilnius' style.
                  "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
                    just thought I'd call it to everyone's attention.
                    Thank You

(bump)

Comment

Working...
                    X