My Lai

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Lai

Just watched a documentary on the My Lai massacre and it has depressed the **** out of me.
    I had forgotten how bad it was.
    No hope for the human race.

If you want to watch.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYzb9DH7YAE

war... and people are still up for it
    Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
    GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

William Calley got screwed.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

So did the people of My Lai.
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
          Only agreeing with that sentiment because they should have sent LBJ to prison as well.

Comment

Even he, as the scapegoat, only got 3.5 years of house arrest.
            Very sickening, considering the fact that we´re talking about cold blooded murder in > 100 cases
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

OMG! I certainly hope DFG doesn't watch a documentary about Germany during WWII.
              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                So did the people of My Lai.
                Probably. My point is that a Lieutenant didn't order it. He got saddled with it though.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi View Post
                  OMG! I certainly hope DFG doesn't watch a documentary about Germany during WWII.
                  Come on man, unlike you I still got a heart.
                  BTW
                  I can still weep.

Comment

Good for you. :/
                    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Good think we all can remember the Holocaust - that way we can be confident that good people will never let it happen again!!! notwithstanding Cambodia, Rwanda...etc.
                      There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Sparky View Post
                        Good think we all can remember the Holocaust - that way we can be confident that good people will never let it happen again!!! notwithstanding Cambodia, Rwanda...etc.

Comment

Probably. My point is that a Lieutenant didn't order it. He got saddled with it though.
                          IIRC they made him a Captain despite the incident, and he only served 2 years. Wasn't he the highest ranking officer at the site and he refused to order his men to desist when another lieutenant told him that what he was doing was wrong?
                          "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

I have no doubt that he suspected what he was doing was wrong. That's a lot of my point. Start with Captain Medina and go up. You do as ordered and question later.
                            Bear in mind, it was the same situation in many ways as now. Not knowing who is the enemy. Suicide bombers.

Comment

You do as ordered and question later.
                              Where the hell have you got that inane idea from ??? If you think that an order is illegal you deny to follow it !
                              With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Working...
                              X