X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Police Brutality

F*cking animals

Comment

The protesters are there because of Obama policies. Yeah, let's vote him in again.
      BTW, you should notice that the guy interviewed agrees that the officers involved were a minority, by far.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
        F*cking animals

Comment

I have been watching u tube vids of police brutality and it has me quite worried. It is getting out of control.

Comment

Originally posted by Docfeelgood View Post
            I have been watching u tube vids of police brutality and it has me quite worried. It is getting out of control.
            Why? Because they're beating up white people now?
            "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Here's the deal.
              1 precinct/about 30 days.
              I got into a fight with a subject that was wanted for armed robbery. The guy got away. A fellow officer was injured in the same fight.
              Another Officer responded to a neighborhood dispute and was shot by a suspect armed with a rifle. I.e. long range weapons and more powerful weapons vs short range. When other officers responded the subject shot and hit some of them with buckshot from his shotgun.
              Another Officer was shot on a traffic stop.
              I got into a fight with a person who tried to escape custody. I stopped him because he parked in handicap parking and it turned out his license was suspended. I did'nt even tell the guy he was about to be arrested. He just knew.
              Another Officer got into a fight with a suspect after he was arrested while the cuffs were being taken off.
              These are just a few of the things that happen in the course of a month. People try to ram officers, people shoot at officers, spit at/on officers.
              Something crazy happens almost every night to almost every officer. My outlook on any call is that I don't know what to expect. So I have to be prepared at all times to be ready to **** someone up or get ****ed up and I'm a nice guy.
              That being said, In the academy(My department) we are trained to use levels of force to resolve issues starting with soft hands(holding) all the way to projectile weapons. We are taught verbal judo to attempt to resolve issues without using force at all. We are given situational training to help teach us all this.
              Once we are on the streets, we are constantly being warned, counseled, told others personal experiences on abusive power, use of force and etc. Of course, we are also instructed that when force is necessary we must use it decisively to contain the problem.
              All that being said, some officers go to far and should be punished but the problem probably varies by city to city and department to department.
              What can make a nigga wanna fight a whole night club/Figure that he ought to maybe be a pimp simply 'cause he don't like love/What can make a nigga wanna achy, break all rules/In a book when it took a lot to get you hooked up to this volume/
              What can make a nigga wanna loose all faith in/Anything that he can't feel through his chest wit sensation

Comment

Originally posted by Pax View Post
                Here's the deal.
                I got into a fight with a subject that was wanted for armed robbery. The guy got away. A fellow officer was injured in the same fight.
                Another Officer responded to a neighborhood dispute and was shot by a suspect armed with a rifle. I.e. long range weapons and more powerful weapons vs short range. When other officers responded the subject shot and hit some of them with buckshot from his shotgun.
                I got into a fight with a person who tried to escape custody. I stopped him because he parked in handicap parking and it turned out his license was suspended. I did'nt even tell the guy he was about to be arrested. He just knew.
                Another Officer got into a fight with a suspect after he was arrested while the cuffs were being taken off.
                These are just a few of the things that happen in the course of a month. People try to ram officers, people shoot at officers, spit at/on officers.
                Something crazy happens almost every night to almost every officer. My outlook on any call is that I don't know what to expect. So I have to be prepared at all times to be ready to **** someone up or get ****ed up and I'm a nice guy.
                That being said, In the academy(My department) we are trained to use levels of force to resolve issues starting with soft hands(holding) all the way to projectile weapons. We are taught verbal judo to attempt to resolve issues without using force at all. We are given situational training to help teach us all this.
                Once we are on the streets, we are constantly being warned, counseled, told others personal experiences on abusive power, use of force and etc. Of course, we are also instructed that when force is necessary we must use it decisively to contain the problem.
                All that being said, some officers go to far and should be punished but the problem probably varies by city to city and department to department.
                I see as a problem, that as a police officer being exposed to bad people all day, makes the officer see bad people all the time.

Comment

Of course, the police are exposed to bad people all day. And of course this makes a lot of police callous to the citizens they are sworn and paid to serve. But really, the job of the police is to be around bad people all day so the average citizen does not have too. If I can catch a crackhead at a gas station for loitering for drugs then that's one less person you have to worry about stealing the copper out of your air conditioning unit in the middle of the night.
                  What can make a nigga wanna fight a whole night club/Figure that he ought to maybe be a pimp simply 'cause he don't like love/What can make a nigga wanna achy, break all rules/In a book when it took a lot to get you hooked up to this volume/
                  What can make a nigga wanna loose all faith in/Anything that he can't feel through his chest wit sensation

Comment

Of course, the police are exposed to bad people all day. And of course this makes a lot of police callous to the citizens they are sworn and paid to serve. But really, the job of the police is to be around bad people all day so the average citizen does not have too. If I can catch a crackhead at a gas station for loitering for drugs then that's one less person you have to worry about stealing the copper out of your air conditioning unit in the middle of the night.
                    Yes, thank you for your overworked, underpaid and unappreciated job as a enforcer of the law.
                    BTW
                    I almost became a HPD officer. Turned it down 10 days before starting the academy. Sometimes, I regret that coin toss.

Comment

Here's the deal.
                      But when things have gotten so bad, you need the support of the public more than ever. If cops get away with brutality then you end up with the public not trusting you and the situation just becomes worse for you, surely?

Comment

Originally posted by Docfeelgood View Post
                        Yes, thank you for your overworked, underpaid and unappreciated job as a enforcer of the law.
                        BTW
                        I almost became a HPD officer. Turned it down 10 days before starting the academy. Sometimes, I regret that coin toss.
                        I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                        - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Kentonio,
                          I agree with you. At the same time, I am saying that police brutality is probably isolated. A Police Officer in the U.S. has too much too lose to be caught up. However, as my Sgt says the Officers that use too much force eventually get weeded out.
                          On the issue of trust. This is a very complicated issue. I find that people have already formed there opinions of the Police at an early age. Some children are excited when they see me in my uniform. Others are already scared. For the most part this is taught to them by their parents and friends.
                          Then there are other issues at play. When a Policeman shows up it's usually bad news for somebody. Also, going back to verbal judo...for compliance you have to basically ask, tell, make. Who likes to be told what to do? Who likes to be made to do something against there will. Who likes the guy that gives them a ticket that will cost $$$$. Who likes the guy that takes there husband to jail after the husband has beat up the wife? People generally like firemen but dislike Police.

Comment

Cops are like dentist. Hated till needed.

Comment

By the way, the caption says cops beat up people because they know they can. If a police in the U.S. gets caught doing something illegal, they are punished worse than a non-law enforcement person. In fact, there are so many rules and regulations governing law enforcement that it is sometimes hard not to get into trouble. Example, in my department, it is policy that if a citizen asks you for your name and badge number, you must give it to them. An Officer that I work with was suspended for not giving his name and badge when requested. Of course, he broke a rule and that violation directly affected his ability to support his family. So I would say that some Officers may think they can get away with breaking rules but most of us know that you can't and think twice about being involved in situations where Officers are being violent without justification. Justification being that there is an actual physical threat to you. When the cuffs go on and the person is no longer resisting it's time to deescalate.

Comment

Working...
                              X