No announcement yet.

Republicans' Solution to Health Care

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll laugh at the stupidity as soon as you explain it to me. What is stupid about thinking that working for a corporation can provide knowledge about them?

Comment

He thinks you don't learn anything by having experience becauae he's an arrogant punk kid who doesn't know ****. Seriously, he's the stupidest person I've ever encountered.
      Last edited by Kidlicious; September 22, 2011, 18:24.
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
        Seriously, he's the stupidest person I've ever incountered.

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
          Corporations ARE people. Groups of people, more accurately, which is what Romney was saying. If you can't understand why it's important to have healthcare plans that won't crush corporations, you aren't much better than kidicious.
          Is a football team a person? How about this forum, is this a person?

Citizens United made America look really, really stupid for tolerating such blatent, unadulterated corporate evil.

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
            I'll laugh at the stupidity as soon as you explain it to me. What is stupid about thinking that working for a corporation can provide knowledge about them?
            I live in the united states. I'm an expert!

I lived in the 80s, that means I know everything about Reagan.

I was once in mexico for a week. I'm qualified to discuss their political system at length!

Kidicious has displayed woeful ignorance of just about everything related to business. The fact that his having worked in a corporation qualifies him more than other people to discuss corporations is ludicrous, and also is ignoring the fact that most people have worked for a corporation, including me. It does not make him even a tiny bit special.
            If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
            ){ :|:& };:

Comment

HC doesn't like experience because he doesn't have any. His formal education also seems limited, based on what we posts here.
              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Living through the 80s might give someone a leg up in a Reagan discussion relative to some kid from the 90s who knows next to nothing about Reagan.

Comment

Originally posted by kentonio View Post
                  Is a football team a person? How about this forum, is this a person?

Citizens United made America look really, really stupid for tolerating such blatent, unadulterated corporate evil.
                  This forum is composed of people and a football team is also composed of people. "Person" is incorrectly the singular form. "Football teams are people" is a true statement unless you want to be picky about grammar. What Romney actually said, in substance, and what I am saying in substance, is that corporations are groups of people and groups of people are entitled to free speech, something that should be really obvious. If you actually read the opinions to the citizens united case, which I did, you realize that the opposition argument is a bunch of claptrap unless you buy into the idea that the first amendment is something that should be balanced against societal harm, which goes against decades of court doctrine that the liberal wing once espoused and now rejects whenever it is convenient.

Comment

People who own stock in a corporation have free speech, and I don't see how making corporations shut up would stop the shareholders from expressing their views.

Comment

Preventing people from advocating as a group is an obvious restriction on free speech and is the effect of campaign finance laws. There is no doubt that Hillary: The Movie, which was the subject of the case, was a legitimate example of protected political speech.

Comment

I'm fine with banning political speech by corporations if you also ban political speech by unions, advocacy groups, media organizations, and other groups of people. It just gives more influence to rich and famous individuals like myself.

Comment

This forum is composed of people and a football team is also composed of people. "Person" is incorrectly the singular form. "Football teams are people" is a true statement unless you want to be picky about grammar. What Romney actually said, in substance, and what I am saying in substance, is that corporations are groups of people and groups of people are entitled to free speech, something that should be really obvious. If you actually read the opinions to the citizens united case, which I did, you realize that the opposition argument is a bunch of claptrap unless you buy into the idea that the first amendment is something that should be balanced against societal harm, which goes against decades of court doctrine that the liberal wing once espoused and now rejects whenever it is convenient.
                          Look, people already have protected rights. By saying that a corporation has the same rights as a person you open up an extremely ugly door. It's not just about free speech, did you notice the campaign donations ruling that was based on Citizens United a while back?

Comment

I live in the united states. I'm an expert!

I lived in the 80s, that means I know everything about Reagan.

I was once in mexico for a week. I'm qualified to discuss their political system at length!

Kidicious has displayed woeful ignorance of just about everything related to business. The fact that his having worked in a corporation qualifies him more than other people to discuss corporations is ludicrous, and also is ignoring the fact that most people have worked for a corporation, including me. It does not make him even a tiny bit special.
                            I never called myself an expert. I called you an idiot, with no experience. There's a difference.
                            I tried to exp,ain something to you in very simple terms and you failed to understand. Instead you go on idiodically downplaying experience as a way to become wise.

Also, you keep refering about me as someone who doesn't see the value of corporations. Your an idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by Tupac Shakur View Post
                              I'm fine with banning political speech by corporations if you also ban political speech by unions, advocacy groups, media organizations, and other groups of people. It just gives more influence to rich and famous individuals like myself.
                              That's the logical conclusion one must reach, yes.

Edit: and hats off for keeping in character there. You get 100 experience points. Only 3000 more before you level up!
                              Last edited by Zevico; September 22, 2011, 21:30.
                              "You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."--General Sir Charles James Napier

Comment

Except Drake isn't at all infliential

Comment

Working...
                                X