X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Than who exactly?

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
      Hardly, christians work harder, save moreand aremore honest.
      What is the evidence for any of this? There aren't many Christians in China but they have a very high savings rate.

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
        What is the evidence for any of this? There aren't many Christians in China but they have a very high savings rate.
        Chinese are taught by their culture to save their money, and they are very obedient peoples. Americans too are taught to save money, but that's not what they see people doing. But if someone belives in Christ he will take Christ as an example. No Christ didn't work much the way we think of work, but he did work, tirelessly. He who loves Christ will obey Him.
        I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
        - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by kentonio View Post
          Than who exactly?
          Than people who disobey God, in the sense that they offend others by making them carry their weight etc...

Comment

Than people who disobey God, in the sense that they offend others by making them carry their weight etc...
            Hmm, surely though you're creating an argument that says 'Christians work harder than anyone else' and if we show christians who don't, you can say 'Well they aren't real christians because they aren't working hard'.

I admire a well formulated no lose argument, but I'm not sure it's really very realistic. Surely that also means that any christian who breaks any other part of gods word also isn't a proper christian, and that's probably not going to leave many christians left.

Comment

I hate to even call myself a christian because ac,ording to the Bible the standard for being a christian is very high. But people who believe in Christ grow and extra motivation than what they would otherwise have.

Comment

I can believe motivation, but I'm not sure it's motivation to do work in the way that most of us would recognize it. Then again isn't family as important as work to christians?

Comment

Originally posted by kentonio View Post
                  I can believe motivation, but I'm not sure it's motivation to do work in the way that most of us would recognize it. Then again isn't family as important as work to christians?
                  I'm not saying that a christian should be a workaholic. That's a sin, and God is the highest good. But when a christian has a duty he should do it well so that others can see Christ through him.

Comment

[QUOTE=Kidicious;6026944]Hardly, christians work harder, save moreand aremore honest.[/QUOTE

Puhlease. Jesus was an unabashed communist.
                    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

[QUOTE=DaShi;6027045]
                      Hardly, christians work harder, save moreand aremore honest.[/QUOTE

Nah. Jesus had already died, twice, before communism was invented.

Comment

The first time was just a flesh wound.

Also, reading communism into the New Testament? It's a bit like reading classical liberalism into it, or any other coherent political ideology. Wishful thinking.
                        Last edited by Zevico; September 23, 2011, 02:06.
                        "You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."--General Sir Charles James Napier

Comment

[QUOTE=DaShi;6027045]
                          Hardly, christians work harder, save moreand aremore honest.[/QUOTE

You don't know anything about either Jesus or communism....

Comment

Oh God.
                            “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

That's probably Dashi

Comment

Working...
                                X