A Vowel question!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Vowel question!!!

Vowels seem more useful then consonants though they're both types of letters. Right?

Does y sometimes count?
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson View Post
      Vowels seem more useful then consonants though they're both types of letters. Right?
      Only if you use the correct vowels to form the correct words. But you don't need to worry about that.
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Can combinations of vowels be used to create vowels which don't exist in the Latin Alphabet? I hear several of the barbarian languages written in the Latinic script had to resort to doing this.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin View Post
          Can combinations of vowels be used to create vowels which don't exist in the Latin Alphabet? I hear several of the barbarian languages written in the Latinic script had to resort to doing this.
          Anyone who does such an ugly thing should be exiled.
          I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
          - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

I think given the value of vowels, y should ALWAYS be a vowel. This would be welfare enhancing as we'd increase the overall value of our alphabet.

W should become a super-vowel, since it's double-u.

Comment

Let's make all the letters vowels.
              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

no regulation freedom to letters! asd'lnjsdfjognap sdfgnoasdpgn asn
                Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

oe o ie o ae o ey ueu

vwls n thr wn r nt vr sfll
                  Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                  Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                  We've got both kinds

Comment

Ask the finns.
                    Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH View Post
                      oe o ie o ae o ey ueu

vwls n thr wn r nt vr sfll
                      I iaee.

dsgr.
                      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson View Post
                        Aye.
                        No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Yeah, consonants-only is easier to read than vowels-only.

Also, if you could only see the top half or the bottom half of the word, it's easier to read with the top half.
                          Indifference is Bliss

Comment

The Dutch seem to really like vowels, sometimes stringing 3 or four together. The Croats hardly ever use them. And the Greeks like to squish them together - æ !!!
                            There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Working...
                            X