Best Game Console

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Game Console

It seems like Micro and Sony haven't put out a new console in a while, are there any in the works? If not, I might break down and get one, so whats the best?

Do you have friends with consoles? If so, buy whatever they have. No point getting a PS3 if your buddies are all on XBox, or vice verse.

Don't bother with a Wii unless you're an 80 year old woman.
    John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

I wasn't too pleased with my ps3.
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

The xbox 360 has the best games, in my opinion.
        If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
        ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Xbox and PS3 deliver pretty much the same quality of games, but Xbox has better online service (though there is a yearly charge).

The Wii is good if you have a table with one leg shorter than the others and need something to balance it on.

Comment

Xbox is better. They're the market leader, with more exclusive games, early releases on downloadable content, a better online service, and a larger player base. Plus, they haven't been hacked.

New consoles will probably be coming out in 2013, as far as I understand. There's been some rumors over the past few months about a new Xbox.
            "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

thx everyone, 2013 is far enough away to go ahead and buy one

Comment

What happens in 2013? Have you been told that you have 1 1/2 years to live?
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

2013 is when Alby thinks the new consoles will be out.

Comment

Get them all! I have 23 already. Great fun.

Never play with them, though.
                    I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Is there anything to the idea that the PS3 is still a superior (if more expensive) Blu Ray player to a standalone? Have been thinking of getting one, but it's largely for that.
                      "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

Originally posted by Koyaanisqatsi View Post
                        Is there anything to the idea that the PS3 is still a superior (if more expensive) Blu Ray player to a standalone? Have been thinking of getting one, but it's largely for that.
                        Well, yes and no.

Netflix, Hulu Plus, Sunday Ticket, and a few others might not be doable on blu ray players. I think the PS3 is superior for games, based on graphics alone but I also dont do anything multiplayer on anything but a PC.
                        "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                        'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Pssh... Xbox 360 is better for most games graphically. IGN always does the XBOX/PS3 comparisons and XBOX is always better in resolution, lighting, etc., plus somehow always has a better frame rate than PS3 games.

Check videos on youtube that show frame rate differences between consoles.

Here's Dead Rising 2, as an example, with a clear win by the 360:

"I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                            Pssh... Xbox 360 is better for most games graphically. IGN always does the XBOX/PS3 comparisons and XBOX is always better, plus somehow always has a better frame rate than PS3 games.
                            LA Noire blows your idea to pieces.
                            "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144 View Post
                              LA Noire blows your idea to pieces.
                              How so?

Comment

Working...
                              X