No announcement yet.

Anyone plan on watching America's cup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone plan on watching America's cup?

It's probably the world's biggest boat racing competition, it's been going on since 1851, and there are teams from all over the world competing. This year the season starts out with races in Plymouth, England before heading to San Diego for the final elimination rounds. The San Diego Yacht Club held the title for decades so the races tend to rotate between the UK, New Zealand, or Australia before heading to San Diego for the final championship round. They've also switch to smaller faster sail boats this year so they'll be going faster on the water though the boats supposedly can capsize or even indo catapulting crew members off of the boat like they got fired out of a cannon. I haven't watched the races live in over a decade so it should be fun.

Nine catamaran sailing boats, each costing around three quarters of a million pounds, are in Plymouth for the latest races in America's Cup World Series.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

no

Comment

Watching boats doesn't sound very exciting to me. It would be almost as bad as watching cars travel in a circle hundreds of times.

Comment

like watching paint dry

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin View Post
          It's probably the world's biggest boat racing competition, it's been going on since 1851, and there are teams from all over the world competing. This year the season starts out with races in Plymouth, England before heading to San Diego for the final elimination rounds. The San Diego Yacht Club held the title for decades so the races tend to rotate between the UK, New Zealand, or Australia before heading to San Diego for the final championship round. They've also switch to smaller faster sail boats this year so they'll be going faster on the water though the boats supposedly can capsize or even indo catapulting crew members off of the boat like they got fired out of a cannon. I haven't watched the races live in over a decade so it should be fun.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14852726
          How much do you want to bet Oerdin wouldn't give a **** about this if it wasn't in SAN DIEGO?
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

It's more fun then you imagine. Especially since you go out on a friend's boat, watch it from the sidelines, while having a picnic on deck.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
              How much do you want to bet Oerdin wouldn't give a **** about this if it wasn't in SAN DIEGO?
              If it didn't happen to be with in an easy drive I probably wouldn't travel to see it, I can tell you that, but they do broadcast it live on TV. It's much like any other live sporting event.

Comment

Sailing

And of course it's in San Diego. San Diego is one of the best places in the world to sail
                If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Sailing away from San Diego

San Diego is also the 2nd easiest place in the world to have random gay hookups due to the Navy factor.
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
                    San Diego is also the 2nd easiest place in the world to have random gay hookups due to the Navy factor.
                    Okay, now I can't tell if you're trying to trash san diego or praise it.

Comment

I bet that Asher has good memories about San Diego, while not about sailing, still involving lots of sailors
                      With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

The last time I was in San Diego I was 13. So I only saw a bunch of cathedrals.

Comment

Well, that is a fine start
                          With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Nay! That's pretty boring for me.

Comment

Aaaand the bot throws a zinger.
                              If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                              ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Working...
                              X