Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheney turns on fellow members of Bush cabinet

From Politico.com

Former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice is firing back at Dick Cheney for what she called an “attack on my integrity” in the former Vice President’s new memoir.

Rice spoke to Reuters on Wednesday, pushing back for the first time on claims Cheney levels against her in his recently released book “In My Time.” Like her predecessor Colin Powell, Rice said Cheney’s book takes “cheap shots” at members of George W. Bush’s administration.

On post-9/11 security legacy

In her first public comments on the issue, Rice took aim at Cheney’s assertion that she misled President Bush during nuclear negotiations with North Korea.

“I kept the president fully and completely informed about every in and out of the negotiations with the North Koreans,” Rice told Reuters. “You can talk about policy differences without suggesting that your colleague somehow misled the president. You know, I don’t appreciate the attack on my integrity that that implies.”

Rice also challenged Cheney’s story that detailed her coming into his office and “tearfully” admitting she had been wrong to push for Bush to apologize for inaccurately alleging that Iraq had attempted to obtain yellowcake uranium in Niger.

“It certainly doesn’t sound like me, now, does it?” Rice said. “I would never — I don’t remember coming to the vice president tearfully about anything in the entire eight years that I knew him.”

Rice added that “I did say to the vice president, ‘you know, you were right about the press reaction.’ But I am quite certain that I didn’t do it tearfully.”

Although Rice said Cheney is “somebody with whom I had a good relationship and for whom I had, and still have, a great deal of respect,” she told Reuters she agreed with Powell’s assessment that the former vice president unfairly attacks many members of the Bush team.

“But I have to say that some of the things that he said about his colleagues are not in keeping with the high respect that I have always had for him,” she said. “I think they do fall into the category of cheap shots.”
    What can make a nigga wanna fight a whole night club/Figure that he ought to maybe be a pimp simply 'cause he don't like love/What can make a nigga wanna achy, break all rules/In a book when it took a lot to get you hooked up to this volume/
    What can make a nigga wanna loose all faith in/Anything that he can't feel through his chest wit sensation

all we can get from this is that Rice has a great deal of respect for people who make cheap shots
    Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
    GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

What exactly do you mean by "turns on"?
      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Perhaps Condoleezza just dosen't like Dick?
        Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
        The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
        The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

He was the biggest Dick in the USA. And he's still a colossal Dick.
          There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Not to mention a war criminal; as even he knows. That's why he announced he will no longer be leaving the US for any reason in the future. He's afraid of getting arrested and put on trial for his crimes.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Well, he did manage to shoot one of his friends in the face while being drunk and have the guy apologise for it. You should start with putting him on trial for that.
              "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

nice animation, reminds me of what Julia Gillard did to Kevin Rudd
                "Life is the only RPG you'll ever play, The religious want to be one with the moderator, the scientists want to hack the game, and the gamers want to do both."

Comment

Working...
                X