Astronomers discover planet made of diamond

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Astronomers discover planet made of diamond

LONDON (Reuters) - Astronomers have spotted an exotic planet that seems to be made of diamond racing around a tiny star in our galactic backyard.
    I would laugh my ass off if this can be mined. I've long asked what would happen if diamonds became readily available, or if people simply stopped coveting diamonds.
    All that money spent, on what would now be aluminum or something.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

supply and diam... demand. anyway, why would you invest a fortune in some sturdy little rock, or something bright yellowy shiny?

Comment

Diamonds are actually quite common. DeBeers inflates the price with their cartel.
      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by Zoetstofzoetje View Post
        supply and diam... demand. anyway, why would you invest a fortune in some sturdy little rock, or something bright yellowy shiny?
        Why would you invest in pieces of paper?

Comment

faith in management and non-reproducibility by unauthorized agents. both of which are partially true at best.

Comment

astronomers find things like this all the time by the way. but considering distance, our travel issues, and intense gravity on site (diamond forms under intense pressure after all...) there´s no way to get it here

Comment

I say we nuke it just in case.

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                Diamonds are actually quite common. DeBeers inflates the price with their cartel.
                What a predictable post.

Comment

Originally posted by Kitschum View Post
                  What a predictable post.
                  Which sentence - the first, the second, or both? I'd never have expected anyone to say with a straight face that diamonds, whether monopolized or not, are "common."
                  Unbelievable!

Comment

If Hollywood and MTV have taught me anything, it's that in the 'hood there's ice everywhere...

Comment

Originally posted by Darius871 View Post
                      Which sentence - the first, the second, or both? I'd never have expected anyone to say with a straight face that diamonds, whether monopolized or not, are "common."
                      The DeBeers conspiracy meme, I meant.

Comment

How soon until a woman demands this plant be made into her wedding ring?
                        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin View Post
                          How soon until a woman demands this plant be made into her wedding ring?
                          Whoa, whoa...you're drifting into the Al B Sure zone.
                          "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                          'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by Zoetstofzoetje View Post
                            astronomers find things like this all the time by the way. but considering distance, our travel issues, and intense gravity on site (diamond forms under intense pressure after all...) there´s no way to get it here
                            Damn. I was seriously considering going there until this post.
                            Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                            "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144 View Post
                              Whoa, whoa...you're drifting into the Al B Sure zone.
                              More like "Al Be Sure not to get laid" zone.

Wait, it is the "Al B Sure zone".
                              urgh.NSFW

Comment

Working...
                              X