Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National Youth Rights Association looking for new leadership

Our dear Ozzy is stepping down .

On the bright side, I'd like to nominate Asher for the post!
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Ageist. I nominate the FBI girl.
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

You beat me to it, Imran. I just checked in at FB and saw the post.

Ozzy, I trust all is well and that you're all ready to move into the next phase of your life.

But I must say, I found it very amusing to read "...after 12 years of dedicated service to the National Youth Rights Association..."
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

He's leaving before he hits teenage executive years
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

I think we may have a Logan's Run sort of situation here.
          "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
          "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

What's your retirement package like for this gig? That will put you right into the "hated" group.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Heh, well the full story for why I'm leaving is here:

It has nothing to do with my age. But after holding this organization with duct tape for many years, it is finally strong enough to stand on its own. The budget, staff and board are strong enough to thrive without me at the helm. So based on that, it is time to let someone else take it into its next phase of existence.

Not Asher.
              Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Also, doesn't our new website look awesome?

Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

I'll do it. Now where's my switch?
                  “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                  "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyKP View Post
                    Heh, well the full story for why I'm leaving is here:

It has nothing to do with my age. But after holding this organization with duct tape for many years, it is finally strong enough to stand on its own. The budget, staff and board are strong enough to thrive without me at the helm. So based on that, it is time to let someone else take it into its next phase of existence.

Not Asher.
                    Yeah right, they started calling you "creepy, old guy" around the office, didn't they?

ACK!
                    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                      You beat me to it, Imran. I just checked in at FB and saw the post.

Ozzy, I trust all is well and that you're all ready to move into the next phase of your life.

But I must say, I found it very amusing to read "...after 12 years of dedicated service to the National Youth Rights Association..."
                      Were you googling '12 years' and 'youth' again?
                      There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

I use much more specific search terms.

Ozzy's around; wonder why he hasn't weighed in on his thread...
                        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Did you notice that (and Ozzy, remain stoic at this observation) Ozzy, well, his hair isn't quite as full and luxurious as I'm sure it once was, when he was like, younger.
                          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I don't like youth, or Americans, or rights...yuck.
                            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

See, he's perfect for the job!

Comment

Working...
                              X