Krazyhorse, need your expertise...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
    In the absence of pigovian taxes on antibiotics only doctors can be expected to exercise restraint in this.
    Doctors are only ones who can hand out the antibiotics, but patients need to have more restraint in going to the doctor to ask for a prescription of antibiotics at the slightest thing wrong.
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun View Post
      Doctors are only ones who can hand out the antibiotics, but patients need to have more restraint in going to the doctor to ask for a prescription of antibiotics at the slightest thing wrong.
      Nope. Many others can write scrips.

In the United States, the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act defines what requires a prescription. Prescription drugs are generally authorized by veterinarians, dentists, optometrists, medical practitioners, and advanced practice nurses. It is generally required that an MD, DO, PA, OD, DPM, NMD, ND, DVM, DDS, or DMD, some Psychologists (see Medical Psychology), Nurse Practitioners and other APRNs write the prescription; basic-level registered nurses, medical assistants, emergency medical technicians, psychologists, and social workers as examples, do not have the authority to prescribe drugs.[1]
      Lots of docs have nurse practitioners handling routine stuff anymore.
      "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Yeah - all types of medical practitioners can. That's what I meant.

I wasn't aware that nurses can fill out prescriptions. But they can probably only write out prescriptions if the doctor has instructed them to do so, right?
        A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Working...
        X