Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many generations since your last peasant/farmer ancestor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many generations since your last peasant/farmer ancestor?

In my case, three of my last grandparents were peasants-farmers during childhood, moved to the city as adults.
    I need a foot massage

2 on my fathers side, don't know of any farmers ever on my mothers.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

One of my parents grew up on a farm...

Comment

4 on each parent's side, taking the OP literally.

Comment

My father was a tool salesman (Snap-On) until he was fired, and is now a flower deliveryman. My mother is a schoolteacher, and is the only one in that generation (or before) of ancestors to graduate from university. 2/~50 of my first cousins graduated from university.

None of my grandparents worked as farmers. Both of my grandfathers worked in "industrial" jobs (one in a manufacturing plant and one in an auto repair shop), and their wives were....housewives, I suppose.

Of my great-grandfathers worked for a railroad as a signalman. I don't know what the other three did.
          12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
          Stadtluft Macht Frei
          Killing it is the new killing it
          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

My father picked cotton.
            What can make a nigga wanna fight a whole night club/Figure that he ought to maybe be a pimp simply 'cause he don't like love/What can make a nigga wanna achy, break all rules/In a book when it took a lot to get you hooked up to this volume/
            What can make a nigga wanna loose all faith in/Anything that he can't feel through his chest wit sensation

Comment

I'm a peasant farmer. Going out to harvest a crop right now in fact. (eggplant, not peasants... they don't germinate well when you plant their seed)

Comment

3 of 4 of my grand parents grew up in peasant/farmer families. One grandfather ended up being an accountant the other an engineer/mechanic while the grandmothers ended up being some sort of office clerks.
                Quendelie axan!

Comment

Originally posted by Barnabas View Post
                  In my case, three of my last grandparents were peasants-farmers during childhood, moved to the city as adults.
                  My grandmother(mom's mom) was a tenant farmer.

(I have been informed by her that only blacks were sharecroppers, even though her family otherwise met all the criteria).
                  Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Practically all my great grandparents were born into peasant families, but used the opportunities provided by the young Soviet state to get an education.
                    Graffiti in a public toilet
                    Do not require skill or wit
                    Among the **** we all are poets
                    Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

Great-grandparents on one of the sides only. Hello new comers to literacy.
                      urgh.NSFW

Comment

My grandma on my mother's side grew up on a farm.
                        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

My mother's mother's family raised chickens during the Depression. My grandmother was the only one of the children who was willing to chop the chickens' heads off. I suppose that makes her a peasant/farmer.
                          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

I don't think so.

JM
                            Jon Miller-
                            I AM.CANADIAN
                            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Okay.
                              Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Working...
                              X