Glasgow will be war-torn Philly in new zombie film

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glasgow will be war-torn Philly in new zombie film

Brad Pitt has already arrived in Glasgow to begin filming the monster-war movie. The massive enterprise includes a cast and crew of 1,200, fake sets that remake the U.K. city into "war-torn" Philadelphia, and plenty of locals to play undead extras.
    Any Scots around?

Oh, the movie is called World War Z, by the way. Sounds like a b-movie but it has Brad Pitt.
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Why not just film it in Philly and get the real deal? I hear there's tons of military drop-outs/failures laying around for free labour also.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
      Why not just film it in Philly and get the real deal? I hear there's tons of military drop-outs/failures laying around for free labour also.
      You're mean

Comment

If a Marine can't handle that, well.......
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Marines...well known for taking insults without responding violently.

Comment

Asher is right, why not film in Philly?
            John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
              If a Marine can't handle that, well.......
              He couldn't hack it in OCS, and absolutely refuse to go through basic as an enlisted person. He ain't a Marine, or any serviceman, by any stretch.
              Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

The book is completely awesome in a haunting way, but I'm afraid Pitt will butcher it. I don't even remember Glasgow being there.
                Graffiti in a public toilet
                Do not require skill or wit
                Among the **** we all are poets
                Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

Originally posted by onodera View Post
                  The book is completely awesome in a haunting way

No it isn't.
                  Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

The book is completely awesome in a haunting way, but I'm afraid Pitt will butcher it. I don't even remember Glasgow being there.
                    Reading fail.

"remake the U.K. city into "war-torn" Philadelphia"
                    Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                    Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                    We've got both kinds

Comment

The book is completely awesome in a haunting way, but I'm afraid Pitt will butcher it.
                      ^This
                      Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

I think the danger of zombiism is somewhat overestimated.
                        Blah

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                          Oh, the movie is called World War Z, by the way. Sounds like a b-movie but it has Brad Pitt.
                          Of course you wouldn't have heard of the brilliant book the movie is based on.
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I don't read fiction.

And it needs a better title. World War Z sounds like some exploitation film from the 70's.
                            "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

It's an awesome title. Go back to your rap music.
                              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                              X