No announcement yet.

I'm attending a Baptist church tomorrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FWIW, I was far from the only person at the consulate that day renouncing citizenship. It was quite busy. Seems they have pissed off a ton of dual citizens, or Americans who have become residents of Canada. One of the guys I talked to said it was the catalyst for renouncing his American citizenship and getting Canadian citizenship.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
      He who is perfect doesn't change.
      God is beyond perfect, heathen.
      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

The church that I've been attending isn't going to work for me. It's a small Methodistchurch. A new pastor has taken over and she just isn't going to cut it. To tell the
        truth I don't like the way the UMC placed her. I also don't like that she's an
        ultraliberal/universalist.

So I'm trying out a Baptist church tomorrow. Although I don't believe in some
        conservative interpretations I believe in the truth of Scripture for the salvation of
        man. We'll see.
        Religion consumerism, American style
        "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
        "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
          FWIW, I was far from the only person at the consulate that day renouncing citizenship. It was quite busy. Seems they have pissed off a ton of dual citizens, or Americans who have become residents of Canada. One of the guys I talked to said it was the catalyst for renouncing his American citizenship and getting Canadian citizenship.

Wow. They got worse.
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)
          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Who got worse? The IRS/American Government, or the Americans who defected to Canada?
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I thought Kid was the forum communist? Or was that someone else?

Comment

He went lala and now he is this...
                Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Well, a different kind of lala...
                  Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Riesstiu IV View Post
                    I thought Kid was the forum communist? Or was that someone else?
                    That person will no longer be posting.

I backed down and went to the old church this morning. I'm going to a free will Baptist church this evening though. Maybe there will be foot washing.
                    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
                      Who got worse? The IRS/American Government, or the Americans who defected to Canada?

The IRS. I knew that American citizens/residents had a harder time with the IRS compared to Canada Revenue, but I did not know the IRS was targeting school kids who have never lived in the US.
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=)
                      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by Traianvs View Post
                        Religion consumerism, American style
                        Exactely what I was thinking...
                        "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Europeans are far too wed to dogma.
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=)

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither View Post
                            Europeans are far too wed to dogma.
                            I don't have a problem with what the official beliefs of the churches are so much. It's generally acceptable to me. The problem is the off the wall personal philosophies that all the individuals have.
                            I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                            - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Good luck with your search Kid!
                              Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                              I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                              Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

I don't have a problem with what the official beliefs of the churches are so much. It's generally acceptable to me. The problem is the off the wall personal philosophies that all the individuals have.
                                As long as they fit with your own political/ethical belief system everything is fine no doubt.
                                "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Working...
                                X