Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SPACE BATTLESHIP YAMATO I have got to see this!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SPACE BATTLESHIP YAMATO I have got to see this!!

SPACE BATTLESHIP YAMATO

Live action version of the classic Japanese Anime SPACE BATTLESHIP YAMATO! U.S. viewers may best remember this classic anime as STAR BLAZERS!

A friend has a subtitled copy. I'm going to see it next week!!!
    What can make a nigga wanna fight a whole night club/Figure that he ought to maybe be a pimp simply 'cause he don't like love/What can make a nigga wanna achy, break all rules/In a book when it took a lot to get you hooked up to this volume/
    What can make a nigga wanna loose all faith in/Anything that he can't feel through his chest wit sensation

What can make a nigga wanna fight a whole night club/Figure that he ought to maybe be a pimp simply 'cause he don't like love/What can make a nigga wanna achy, break all rules/In a book when it took a lot to get you hooked up to this volume/
    What can make a nigga wanna loose all faith in/Anything that he can't feel through his chest wit sensation

Comment

You are excited about Japanese animation from the 70s?

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker View Post
        You are excited about Japanese animation from the 70s?
        He's Black.
        "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

What does that have to do with the price of pocky?
          No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk View Post
            What does that have to do with the price of pocky?
            I'm obviously generalizing and stereotyping but in the same way as "Puerto Ricans love boxing" or "Italians love to eat"... Black guys love anime. I don't personally get the appeal of it, but hey. And Pax is in his early 40's so he's of the same generation that was really into kung fu flicks back in the day.

It's not just Afro Samurai, the Boondocks, and the Wu-Tang Clan, though those are manifestations of American Black cultural interest in the Far East.
            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

This movie came out in 2010, but I used too watch star blazers as a kid..... Okay I still watch it.

Comment

Originally posted by Pax View Post
                This movie came out in 2010, but I used too watch star blazers as a kid..... Okay I still watch it.
                Not quite young enough to be excited about the new Thundercats, though?

Comment

The Thundercats aren't anime.

Comment

Originally posted by Pax View Post
                    SPACE BATTLESHIP YAMATO

Live action version of the classic Japanese Anime SPACE BATTLESHIP YAMATO! U.S. viewers may best remember this classic anime as STAR BLAZERS!

A friend has a subtitled copy. I'm going to see it next week!!!
                    looks terrible

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk View Post
                      The Thundercats aren't anime.
                      I know but it's another old cartoon that people grew up with that is being re-made.

Comment

I did not like the thundercats but a lot of my friends did. I actually did not and still don't like most american cartoons.

Comment

That series has been out for years. I never got into the original but it looks like they're rebooting the series.
                          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Will this one end like the original Yamato?
                            Blah

Comment

Did the moon break in half the first time?

Comment

Working...
                              X