Need some help settling a debate.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some help settling a debate.

Does an adult human male have enough strength to crush a human skull with his bare hands?

Depends on the size and strength of the guy with the hands. I would guess that it's possible.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

An average one, no. (I'd guess)
      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

This thread title is seriously FLAWED. There is no such thing as settling a debate.
        A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

A vote settles a debate. No wonder you can't get a history job.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

im sure only the strongest men in the world could even attempt it.
            "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
              A vote settles a debate. No wonder you can't get a history job.
              YOU WANT TO DEBATE THIS!?
              A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Settle the debate by crushing your opponent's skull with your hands.

Debate and problem solved.
                Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
                I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

I'd like to settle the debate without resorting to murder.

Comment

Originally posted by Riesstiu IV View Post
                    I'd like to settle the debate without resorting to murder.
                    Whut?

Where's the fun in that?
                    Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
                    I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

Google, yahoo and wiki answers isn't much help. The answers seem to range from 20 to 200 pounds of force to crush a human skull. That's a lot of variable.

I don't think it can be done.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun View Post
                        YOU WANT TO DEBATE THIS!?
                        What would you call this thread, by it's very title? At this rate, you'll be lucky if you can get a job putting returned books back on the shelves at the local library.

Comment

Originally posted by Riesstiu IV View Post
                          Google, yahoo and wiki answers isn't much help. The answers seem to range from 20 to 200 pounds of force to crush a human skull. That's a lot of variable.

I don't think it can be done.
                          Empiricism is the answer.

Comment

Before anyone asks,
                            Empiricism is a theory of knowledge that asserts that knowledge comes only or primarily via sensory experience.
                            In other words, only the person with the intended crushed head truly knows.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                              Before anyone asks,

In other words, only the person with the intended crushed head truly knows.

I can think of a few 'Poly posters who could be voluntold for the experiment.

Comment

Working...
                              X