Tropical Storm Don

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tropical Storm Don

HOUSTON -- Tropical Storm Don gained strength in the Gulf of Mexico Thursday as it took aim at the Texas coast.
    Sure hope we get some of that rain.:desire:

This is the worst drought I have ever seen. Got turtles knocking on my door all hours of the night asking for a drink of water.

There's a storm here in Moscow. It's a welcome break from the heat, but I'm trapped in the gym because of it.
    Graffiti in a public toilet
    Do not require skill or wit
    Among the **** we all are poets
    Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

It is weird. The first half of July here was one of the dry-est on record, but it looks like it will end up with most rain since they started keeping track.
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Yeah. Lots of storms. Do you still live in the Chi area rah? It's been brutal. There was that one stretch, maybe a week ago, of 3 straight days of nasty thunderstorms. The sewers backed up and formed a lake in the backyards. I was hoping I'd see a three eyed fish, but nothing.
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

One would think something screwy was happening to the World's climate...
          Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Originally posted by MOBIUS View Post
            One would think something screwy was happening to the World's climate...
            This "debate" is framed as one side being smart because they think the air is different after lots of things have been burned for a long time and the other side being stupid because they think... well... perhaps it's because there is no thought involved at all. There are messages being repeated, but they don't make sense.

In reality, both sides exist on a continuum of stupidity.

If I'm trapped in a room with someone who is farting so much that the farts are killing us and denies even farting, let alone the impact of said farting, I'm not going to waste my time measuring the farts or bother reasoning. That farting needs to stop.
            Last edited by Sava; July 28, 2011, 16:43. Reason: BECAUSE
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Either you must find a way out of the room, or kill the person you're trapped with.

Unless, of course, he claims to be a "job creator." In which case you must embrace and encourage the farting.
              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

fart smeller or a smart feller?

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                  Either you must find a way out of the room, or kill the person you're trapped with.

Unless, of course, he claims to be a "job creator." In which case you must embrace and encourage the farting.
                  What if killing the farter costs trillions of dollars? The real question isn't about the climate changing, it's a matter of opportunity cost. What are you willing to give up to keep the average temperature from rising one or two degrees?
                  John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

In July we averaged 96f for the highs, the average in 1936 was 102.5f and in 1934 we averaged 102f

now I suppose that would be evidence of global cooling using some of the "logic" thrown around by the AGW crowd

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post

Killing him, in the long run, will create far worse smells.

Seems to be a summary of the budget debate.

ACK!
                      Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Originally posted by Berzerker View Post
                        In July we averaged 96f for the highs, the average in 1936 was 102.5f and in 1934 we averaged 102f

now I suppose that would be evidence of global cooling using some of the "logic" thrown around by the AGW crowd
                        I think the '34 and '36 conditions were a special case caused by a severe drought and the "Dust Bowl" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dust_Bowl

We are breaking records here in Texas ATM, it was 110 yesterday, and today it is already 107, temp usually peaks ~5PM. Could easily hit 110 again today. And we are at like ~30 days straight of 100 degrees (or more) temperatures.
                        We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

Working...
                        X