Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Limbo isn't reserved for the afterlife

or: the craziest story ever told...

Today I came across this story of a man who lived in the departure lounge of Terminal One in Charles de Gaulle Airport from 8 August 1988 until July 2006 because of legal issues.

It's a ****ed up world but this is top-ranked insanity.

You won't hear me complaining about delays anymore.
    "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
    "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Something similar happened to Tom Hanks.
    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

I thought it was Tom Hanks?

Comment

No. You're thinking of Chicago real estate agent Tom Hanks...
        There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Of course limbo isn't reserved solely for the afterlife...over 2 million people live in Birmingham after all
          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

The people of London have it worse, they are stuck inside the circle of hell known as the M25.
            One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

I for one don't give a pair of foetid dingo's kidneys about the M25. I live near central London, so never use the damned thing. It's only you sub sub-urban home counties types that have to worry about it.

Comment

There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

I'm disappointed I missed him when I went through de Gaulle back in 02.
                  Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus View Post
                    I for one don't give a pair of foetid dingo's kidneys about the M25. I live near central London, so never use the damned thing. It's only you sub sub-urban home counties types that have to worry about it.
                    It's quicker for me to get to the continent, or to Gatwick airport by car/taxi without having to take the M25. It's only when I want to drive north of the river that I have to take that motorway.
                    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Working...
                    X