No announcement yet.

Transiting the Sun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry, but it's still wrong to call a correct answer nonsense. Piss and moan all you want, you'll still be wrong.

Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
    Where's the fun in that?
    Sharing the joy of science and mathematics.

@Lorizael, what's with up the object anyways? Why would it exist?
    APOSTOLNIK BEANIE BERET BICORNE BIRETTA BOATER BONNET BOWLER CAP CAPOTAIN CHADOR COIF CORONET CROWN DO-RAG FEDORA FEZ GALERO HAIRNET HAT HEADSCARF HELMET HENNIN HIJAB HOOD KABUTO KERCHIEF KOLPIK KUFI MITRE MORTARBOARD PERUKE PICKELHAUBE SKULLCAP SOMBRERO SHTREIMEL STAHLHELM STETSON TIARA TOQUE TOUPEE TRICORN TRILBY TURBAN VISOR WIG YARMULKE ZUCCHETTO

Comment

• Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
      Hey, I can't give everything away.
      Let me guess: they use nanomachines to assembly it on the spot, right?

Comment

• Perfection is approaching dfg-level stupidity

Comment

• I think docfeelgood would have gotten both answers wrong instead of one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kuciwalker View Post
            Perfection is approaching dfg-level stupidity
            Thanks! My goal is through careful study and improved mental discipline to reduce my stupidity to a level even lower then him!

I know it's a tall order, but I dream big!
            APOSTOLNIK BEANIE BERET BICORNE BIRETTA BOATER BONNET BOWLER CAP CAPOTAIN CHADOR COIF CORONET CROWN DO-RAG FEDORA FEZ GALERO HAIRNET HAT HEADSCARF HELMET HENNIN HIJAB HOOD KABUTO KERCHIEF KOLPIK KUFI MITRE MORTARBOARD PERUKE PICKELHAUBE SKULLCAP SOMBRERO SHTREIMEL STAHLHELM STETSON TIARA TOQUE TOUPEE TRICORN TRILBY TURBAN VISOR WIG YARMULKE ZUCCHETTO

Comment

• Have you tried drinking Vagisil?

Comment

• perfie learned the small lesson here (that his calculations were wrong) but obviously not the larger lesson (that he'd be wisest not to argue with me)...
                12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                Killing it is the new killing it
                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Why the hell shouldn't I?

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeH View Post

This is usually a good way to make a physicist consternated.

"Can you tell me what the properties of x would be?"
                    "x can't exist..."
                    "But what would it's properties be?"
                    "it can't exist... so how can it have any properties"
                    "but if it could exist..."
                    "then the laws of physics wouldn't apply so how can I tell what properties it would have?"
                    wow super weird how i have an astronomy degree now and know all the math and physics required to answer the questions i put forth in this thread and yet am still completely able to suspend my disbelief wrt to the central conceit of the object in order to come up with those answers
                    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• This reminds me on the old Stranglers song "Always The Sun".
                      Blah

Comment

• Yes it's super weird how Lori is a huge nerd.

Comment

Working...
                        X