Women taking over the world?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Women taking over the world?

We each have 23 pairs of chromosomes. For men, the X chromosome we inherit from our mother has three times as many genes as the Y inherited from our father. So men inherit slightly more genetic material from their mothers as they do their fathers, say 51:49 ratio, give or take.

Any sons you have will get 51% of their genetic material from their mother, and 49% from you. In each generation the female genes outnumber the male genes.

Extrapolate this ratio across several generations, and the long term trend is clear. No?
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

human gene pool needs a filter

Comment

women are disadvantaged in every human area other than choosing when how and with whom to have sex. i'll take this 1% gene disadvantage for granted.

Comment

I read somewhere that in theory the X chromosome is more prone to mutations (which is why it's advantageous for a species to have two genders rather than one - if everybody had an X chromosome then the species would be more prone to diseases and abnormalities, but if nobody had an X chromosome then the species would stagnate and would be less likely to have the diversity necessary to survive a catastrophe or whatever), which means that men are more likely to acquire a gene that lets them shoot lasers from their eyes or whatever.
        <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Who will fall for it?

Me!

Comment

Originally posted by Zoetstofzoetje View Post
            women are disadvantaged in every human area other than choosing when how and with whom to have sex. i'll take this 1% gene disadvantage for granted.
            Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
            "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
              Bring back Singuhilarity!
              Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin View Post
                We each have 23 pairs of chromosomes. For men, the X chromosome we inherit from our mother has three times as many genes as the Y inherited from our father. So men inherit slightly more genetic material from their mothers as they do their fathers, say 51:49 ratio, give or take.

Any sons you have will get 51% of their genetic material from their mother, and 49% from you. In each generation the female genes outnumber the male genes.

Extrapolate this ratio across several generations, and the long term trend is clear. No?
                No. And you know why your argument is fallacious...or does that mean it is like a penis? I forget...
                Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Well let's see, 49% from pa, 51% from ma. But ma is really 50% from grandpa, 50% from grandma, so if we substitute that in we get...

49% from pa, 25.5% from grandpa, 25.% from grandma.

But grandma is really 50% from great grandpa, 50% from great grandma, so if we substitute that in we get...

49% from pa, 25.5% from grandpa, 12.75% from great grandpa, 12.75% from great grandma....

and so on until males are 100%!

MEN ARE TAKING OVER THE WORLD WITH THEIR PENISES!
                  Last edited by Perfection; June 11, 2011, 11:26. Reason: math fail...
                  APOSTOLNIK BEANIE BERET BICORNE BIRETTA BOATER BONNET BOWLER CAP CAPOTAIN CHADOR COIF CORONET CROWN DO-RAG FEDORA FEZ GALERO HAIRNET HAT HEADSCARF HELMET HENNIN HIJAB HOOD KABUTO KERCHIEF KOLPIK KUFI MITRE MORTARBOARD PERUKE PICKELHAUBE SKULLCAP SOMBRERO SHTREIMEL STAHLHELM STETSON TIARA TOQUE TOUPEE TRICORN TRILBY TURBAN VISOR WIG YARMULKE ZUCCHETTO

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison View Post
                    No. And you know why your argument is fallacious...or does that mean it is like a penis? I forget...
                    Fellatio Nelson.
                    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

as the priest said to the choirboy...
                      "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

And you all forget, your mitochondrial DNA always comes from your mother. Did anyone factor that one in?
                        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Mitochondrial DNA is negligible.

Anyway, Y chromosome makes all the difference because it's mostly testosterone, baby. Not all genes are created equal. That's your fallacy right there. Booya.

/ Gonna go flex in front of the mirror be back in a sec.

Comment

Originally posted by Kitschum View Post
                            Mitochondrial DNA is negligible.

Anyway, Y chromosome makes all the difference because it's mostly testosterone, baby. Not all genes are created equal. That's your fallacy right there. Booya.

/ Gonna go flex in front of the mirror be back in a sec.
                            Remember, if you can't see your penis looking down, you're overweight

Comment

Looking down. I'll be looking straight up thanks anyway.

Comment

Working...
                              X