I GOTZ A QUESTION!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I GOTZ A QUESTION!!

Why do Republicans favor unlimited corporation election funds for politicians but want to limit union election funds?
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Republican politicians receive money from corporations but not so much from unions.

Comment

Thank you Captain Obvious.

My question was more of a leading question, to see how Republicans on here will try to explain this away, justify this, rationalize it, defend this . . . . . blah, blah, blah.
      A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Owners have a say in the political donations of their companies.

Workers have little to to say in the political donations of their unions, which is especially poigniant given the money flow.
        No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk View Post
          Owners have a say in the political donations of their companies.

Workers have little to to say in the political donations of their unions, which is especially poigniant given the money flow.
          Unions select their leaders.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun View Post
            Why do Republicans favor unlimited corporation election funds for politicians but want to limit union election funds?
            Freedom of speech.

Union election funds should be limited because you don't have a choice to pay them and because it's basically swiping money from the taxpayer to elect democrats.

You're retarded if you can't see this immediately. But we all already know you're not very smart.
            If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
            ){ :|:& };:

Comment

HC missed this, so:

Originally posted by Asher View Post
              Unions select their leaders.

Comment

Irrelevant.

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                  Union election funds should be limited because you don't have a choice to pay them and because it's basically swiping money from the taxpayer to elect democrats.
                  A worker in a union shop has just as much choice to pay union dues for political donations as he does to generate profits for the corporation for political donations; unlike the profits he helps to generate, the worker has some say over how his union dues will be spent.
                  <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

For the record, I don't think there should be limits on what unions spend as campaign contributions. I think that forcing people to pay union dues should be banned.

Comment

Well, it's a good thing no one is ever forced to work at a union shop. This discussion feels familiar.

Comment

Yeah, I remember it was a discussion that you LOST. Miserably.

Comment

Nope, the idea that people are somehow forced to pay union dues is pretty ridiculous. It's like saying they're forced by their employer to adhere to a dress code. They can quit, can't they?

Comment

gribbler, if that's your total argument, you're failing.
                            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

What, so an employer can force an employee to do something even though the employee is able to quit? Maybe employees should be given some say in how the workplace is run, then. Sounds like an argument for unions

Comment

Working...
                              X