Television Commercials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Television Commercials

I don't really understand why there's such acceptance of this Metro PCS commercial. I think the commercials are amusing, but I can see how some might not agree.

I like this Woodchucks - GEICO Commercial, too.

What commercials do you have to share?
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
    I don't really understand why there's such acceptance of this Metro PCS commercial. I think the commercials are amusing, but I can see how some might not agree.

I don't get it. This is not the first time I've seen it and I still don't get it.

Is he mad because the guy was having fun at different locations?
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

I'm not sure. I can think of 2 possibilities. Maybe because the guy is spending so much money globe trotting and they're promoting inexpensive phone service, or the last pose was the culmination of progressively odd photos.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

He was using his phone in every photo, implying he has cheap call costs? I think the other guy is jealous and wants his phone, which is the tangible stand-in for the the phone service.

Just a guess tho.

Comment

Originally posted by ricketyclik View Post
          He was using his phone in every photo, implying he has cheap call costs? I think the other guy is jealous and wants his phone, which is the tangible stand-in for the the phone service.

Just a guess tho.
          Nah. While that would make sense, it's too convoluted.

This ad is clearly from the 'wacky, random is funny' school of advertising that has become popular in the last few years (the Starburst 'Berries & Creme' commercial, Old Spice commercials, etc. being the main stand-outs)
          "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Working...
          X