Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the most popular pizza topping at Domino's Pizza in Japan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oerdin View Post
    Wait... Wouldn't they have already skinned and gutted it before they started the cooking process? I would imagine they would.
    Principal Ecuador

Guinea pig, is called Cuy, and it is an Ecuadorian delicacy. It would be a sin to leave your vacation in Ecuador without trying it and I had the privilege of helping prepare it from start to finish. Read on for all the details... WARNING: not for people who are grosed out easily!
    It was a huge, white guinea pig. First, Mama broke its neck and then hung it upside down in her hands to let the blood drip out of its mouth and onto the dirt floor. It was a slow death, as it squirmed silently. When the blood had been reduced to a very slow dripping, she laid it in a big bowl and dumped a pot of boiling water onto its squirming body. This made it easier for her to rip the fur off of its body. After a few moments, it stopped squirming and I hope his soul made it to guinea pig heaven.

When all the fur was off, the next step was to cut the guinea pig open and remove the insides. Mama was afraid to cut it because there was a big of a bulge in the belly, and she feared it may have babies inside! She had Papa cut it open, because she had a fear of baby animals. We hoped and prayed it did not have a baby, and luckily, it did not. She continued, to remove the intestines, and all the organs except for the liver and the brain. The organs went into a bucket for the pigs to eat.

Next, she rubbed the guinea pig with salt and garlic that she mashed with a rock. She let it marinate for a few hours in a dish covered with a dish towel.

When it was time to cook the guinea pig, Mama borrowed a grill from the neighbors and lit the charcoal with a bit of gasoline. Miggy and I took turns fanning the fire with the "ventador", made of straw.

When the coals were red hot, and there was a nice flame. Mama slid a stick into the body of the guinea pig. We each took turns roasting, fanning the fire, and rubbing orange-colored lard onto the body.

You have to keep rotating the cuy so that it will not burn. The skin became golden brown, crispy, and bubbly. Most everyone in Ecuador LOVES cuy, and they will say their favorite food. It is mostly served on special occasions, and this occasion was St. Josephs Day, but we didn't cook it on St. Josephs day because we didn't have power at that time and it was a very busy time for us.
    The cuy is *always* served with potatoes and rice, according to Mama.

They enjoyed eating the feet the best, crunching on the bone.

It is very delicious, very similar to grilled chicken, except crunchier. Jose says cuy is his favorite and his second favorite is FOX! I thought it was a joke until Mama raved about the fox also, and said it makes a delicioius fox soup that is "Que Rico". The fox is cooked in the same way nad has a similar taste.
    Principal Ecuador Guinea pig, is called Cuy, and it is an Ecuadorian delicacy. It would be a sin to leave your vacation in Ecuador without trying it
    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

So the Peruvians make the animals die slowly and in pain. Interesting. Slaughtering in every other place on the planet and in every other time in history has involved an attempt at a quick death for the animal.
      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Except lobster.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk View Post
          Except lobster.
          Sea bugs. They're not higher life.

Fish probably have it rough as well.
          "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

I always try to avoid thinking like that. When you start thinking of lobsters and crabs as ocean spiders they become much less appetizing.

Comment

I understand that tarantulas taste vaguely of peanut butter.

Comment

I have cut up chesapeake crabs on a boy scout trip before. Their "brains" barely deserve the name. They are strands of nerve endings in between the eyes. They are about as intelligent as arachnids.
                If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                ){ :|:& };:

Comment

The quality of most pizza chains can vary greatly from store to store. There's a local Dominos that isn't bad, though there are a couple of non chain restaurants nearby that make better 'za.
                  There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk View Post
                    Except lobster.
                    Tossing them in a pot of boiling water supposedly kills them with in seconds or at least that's what I've heard.
                    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin View Post
                      Tossing them in a pot of boiling water supposedly kills them with in seconds or at least that's what I've heard.
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	duncan-the-lobster_small.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	9092229
                      There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

I assure you that my pizza restaurants are consistently awesome.

Comment

Such a statement won't fly with anyone who has ever eaten at Godfather's. That said, I admit you must be some sort of financial genius for keeping that place in business.
                          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                            So the Peruvians make the animals die slowly and in pain. Interesting. Slaughtering in every other place on the planet and in every other time in history has involved an attempt at a quick death for the animal.
                            What about halal meat? The animal is bled to death without being stunned beforehand.
                            Graffiti in a public toilet
                            Do not require skill or wit
                            Among the **** we all are poets
                            Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

I thought halal and kosher meat was supposed to be humane?
                              If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                              ){ :|:& };:

Comment

It probably is, unless you are an animal welfare nut, Islamaphobe or Jew-hater. Or Dutch.
                                One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Working...
                                X