Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is it so hard to be a part-time bank teller (or to get any job)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lori's right, if you want to get small denominations the ATM won't do it.
    If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
    ){ :|:& };:

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher View Post
      Why?

I've never needed a teller in my life. Ever.

Hell, I only visit the ATM once every 3 months or so...and ideally within a few years I'll only need an ATM extremely rarely. I withdraw $100 in cash every 3 months and that usually lasts me.

Do you get some satisfaction sharing these boring facts about yourself presented in a condescending manner?
      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• If you don't like condescension, then stop being condescending to others. You are constantly trying to peddle yourself as more than you are, which is why Asher and KH spend so much time putting you in your place. Glass houses.

Comment

Why?

I've never needed a teller in my life. Ever.

Hell, I only visit the ATM once every 3 months or so...and ideally within a few years I'll only need an ATM extremely rarely. I withdraw $100 in cash every 3 months and that usually lasts me.
          When I need money from the bank, I usually withdraw something on the order of $300. I don't like carrying that around in 20s, so I go to the teller to get larger bills. It's not strictly necessary, but it's convenient.

Ideally, yes, it would be nice to live in a world where tellers and ATMs are unnecessary. And eventually we won't need our wallets anymore, either. We'll just wave our phones over a sensor and that will be that. And then we will pay for products with retinal scans. And then we'll navigate virtual stores through our 3D HUDs and never have to go anywhere to purchase anything. And then we'll program our tastes into AI agents who will do our purchasing for us. And then our AI agents will tell us what our tastes should be and can purchase products with no input from us at all. And then our AI agents will rewire our brains so so that they can directly stimulate our pleasure centers without having to get us anything at all. And then we won't care what happens next.

But for now, yes, we're stuck with tellers and ATMs. *sigh*
          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• There will always be transactions that I don't want recorded. Money will never go out of style.
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Congrats!

In banks here teller is not a dead-end job, they do get promoted if they
              work hard. Don't know how it's in the US.

Comment

• exactly. there'll always be people like me who use cash for everything and so they'll always be people who cater to our needs. i hope, at least.
                "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

• Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                  When I need money from the bank, I usually withdraw something on the order of $300. I don't like carrying that around in 20s, so I go to the teller to get larger bills. It's not strictly necessary, but it's convenient.
                  My bank, in the Empire of Canadia, gives me the options of $20s or $50s. I hate $50s, many places don't even accept them.

$20s.

But for now, yes, we're stuck with tellers and ATMs. *sigh*
                  The future is here! I pay for 99% of things with my credit card. Even $0.99 fast food purchases. It's faster and easier.
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                  Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Originally posted by C0ckney View Post
                    exactly. there'll always be people like me who use cash for everything and so they'll always be people who cater to our needs. i hope, at least.
                    You don't work your 'ice cream' business in Brazil, do you?
                    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post

Do you get some satisfaction sharing these boring facts about yourself presented in a condescending manner?
                      Genuine curiosity. I find it fascinating how people in the third world bank.
                      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• I use cash most of the time. If I don't want to carry around coins, then I use a debit card.

Comment

• That might change when you are old enough to get a Credit Card.
                          Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                          Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                          We've got both kinds

Comment

• The best part of using plastic is you get detailed records (not to mention warranty protection).

I love Mint.com.

Comment

• I've got plenty of CCs but use cash for most common purchases. I still find it ridiculous to use a card for any purchase under a couple of bucks.
                              And I prefer to reward the merchant instead of the credit card company.
                              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Do I seem like a bottom ***** to you?

You're far more submissive than me, Alby. Know your role.

Tellers are a dying breed, everyone knows that. But it sure beats managing pimply kids at a burger joint.
                                I have a hard time believing Asher would even be with a bottom. Two tops high fiving one another over their mutual disdain of bottoms while playing computer games with one another.
                                "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                                'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Working...
                                X