Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is it so hard to be a part-time bank teller (or to get any job)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Holy **** that song is 20 ****ing years old!!!

"Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• I'm disturbed that they turn a song where "that" is violence, racism, and drug use, into crappy cars to sell a Kia
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
          Your grandparents, or maybe great grandparents, didn't view flipping burgers as demeaning, but as an opportunity.
          I went ahead and got some information... My paternal grandfather owned a bookstore and then a giftshop before he was killed; my paternal grandmother was a teacher at a school for orphans.

I know in her latter years, my maternal grandmother worked as an aide at a public elementary school (it's awkward when your grandmother works at your elementary school ), but I don't know what she did before that semi-retirement, nor what my maternal grandfather did.

Comment

• AS, you will never in this lifetime be an officer. You exhibit the leadership talents of a ****ing skunk, and I know this because you have absolutely zero personal responsibility or accountability. Nothing is your ****ing fault.

Well guess what? When - and much more likely IF - you are a Marine officer, everything is your fault. You are responsible for it. You are responsible for the lives of your men, and quite frankly, I can't think of a single person on this site who would voluntarily make you responsible for the security of their turkey sandwich, not to mention the fact that no one here would let you pet-sit their cat.

And you want to be a Marine?? Real Marines like "Brute" Krulak and and "Chesty" Puller would like a word with you. Idiot.
            Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
            Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

Last edited by ZEE; May 30, 2011, 01:12.
              Order of the Fly
              Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

• Originally posted by David Floyd View Post
                AS, you will never in this lifetime be an officer. You exhibit the leadership talents of a ****ing skunk, and I know this because you have absolutely zero personal responsibility or accountability. Nothing is your ****ing fault.

Well guess what? When - and much more likely IF - you are a Marine officer, everything is your fault. You are responsible for it. You are responsible for the lives of your men, and quite frankly, I can't think of a single person on this site who would voluntarily make you responsible for the security of their turkey sandwich, not to mention the fact that no one here would let you pet-sit their cat.

And you want to be a Marine?? Real Marines like "Brute" Krulak and and "Chesty" Puller would like a word with you. Idiot.

I wasn't going to respond but I just have to say... yeah, I take a womanizing, alcoholic racist Texan who probably date rapes seriously

As for the bolded part, good thing this site isn't real life. It's just the internet.

Comment

• Floyd is 100% correct here, Al. I wouldn't trust you to look after a used Kleenex. I detest the idea of you looking after the lives of a dozen US Marines.
                  If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                  ){ :|:& };:

Comment

• Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                    Floyd is 100% correct here, Al. I wouldn't trust you to look after a used Kleenex. I detest the idea of you looking after the lives of a dozen US Marines.

Thank god you're not the one making this decision nor do you have all the facts

I'll just say that if I hadn't gotten those fractures, I would be in the fleet now. My performance in evolutions, particularly those regarding leadership, were exemplary.

I know it's not the same thing and it's far less significant but there's a reason why I shot up to supervisory/management roles in my jobs.
                    Last edited by Al B. Sure!; May 27, 2011, 09:30.

Comment

• That's terrifying. I hope you keep getting fractures. I'd rather not see our troops suffer under your "leadership".
                      If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                      ){ :|:& };:

Comment

• Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                        That's terrifying. I hope you keep getting fractures. I'd rather not see our troops suffer under your "leadership".

You should have seen some of the fools who graduated, commissioned, and currently are leading Marines. I won't lie. Some of them had serious character issues. But what can you do? They passed the test called OCS.

Regardless, do you really think you can make any appraisals about me from an internet message board?

Comment

• I have always been a leader. Whether at jobs or in school; there never was a group project in high school or college that I didn't take charge of. I occasionally butted heads with an alpha male but they always back down. It would often get me in a little trouble at jobs because I would often (respectfully) butt heads with my bosses over my way of doing things.

"Leadership" is vague, anyway. It's a nebulous term, but it's not as complex as you seem to think. Leadership is the process of influencing others to achieve a purpose. The thing is, influence is all about appearances. You just look and act like a leader. Have confidence in your body and your voice. Make decisions quickly and confidently and use your men to execute them. That's all there is to it. Now, making good decisions may be a whole another thing but the ability to organize and get people to do what you need all comes down to appearances.

The only flaw I have is that I'm a little pensive. At OCS, they stress the 70% solution... it's not about pondering and coming up with the perfect plan; it's about determining a sub-perfect solution quickly and executing it. By my second time at OCS, I had got that down, but I'm still, by nature, a guy who likes to wait to have all the information I can and to make the best possible decision. When lives are at stake, I imagine I would want to especially be careful, but being slow to react can be far more costly. I'm confident I'll have enough experience from my training where I'll be more comfortable making such rapid decisions.

Comment

• Actually, Al does seem like he might be the career lt. type.

JM
                            Jon Miller-
                            I AM.CANADIAN
                            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

• Originally posted by David Floyd View Post
                                AS, you will never in this lifetime be an officer. You exhibit the leadership talents of a ****ing skunk, and I know this because you have absolutely zero personal responsibility or accountability. Nothing is your ****ing fault.

Won't a stint in the armed forces do him some good? Very few other things can match it in instilling self-discipline and a sense of responsibility.

Comment

Working...
                                X