Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is it so hard to be a part-time bank teller (or to get any job)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dannubis View Post
    Hmmm... how many white people you see working on those hamburger places ?
    I doubt fast food employment doesn't mirror the demographics of the community the store is located within.
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Last edited by ZEE; May 27, 2011, 00:43.
      Order of the Fly
      Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

• They are hiring down here in Texas on the gulf. This charter boats take rich people off the coast to go fishing. The charters are hiring young people to bait the hooks for the rich people when they fish. After 6 weeks of training you get promoted to master baiter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
          Get off your arrogant high horses, dannubis, Darius, HC, and KH.

The fact that it's you bunch in agreement (and maybe throw in gribbler, Solomwi, and Imran or Asher, for good measure), tells me all I need to know about me being right.

The privileged few calling me arrogant and ungrateful
          Arrogant high horse? You're the one who can't find satisfaction in a perfectly good job.
          If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
          ){ :|:& };:

Comment

• Alby: Please describe an arrogant horse.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Also, how am I part of the "privileged few"?

I guess it's my 100% public primary and secondary and post-secondary education that makes me privileged.

Or am I privileged just because I don't live in Philly?
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• Originally posted by Darius871 View Post
                Oh get over yourself. I consistently appreciate all that they do for me and I'm willing to pay top dollar for it. I'm hungry and I'm busy and they satisfy both needs with remarkable efficiency. The epitome of value.

What I don't need is to have thousands of tax dollars wrested from me by a monopoly on the use of force only to pay some glorified mercenary to blow the brains out of some stranger in another frivolous misadventure so he can stroke his own ego, any more than I need to pay someone to dig holes and fill them back in again.

Damn straight.
                No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

• All I did is say that I think his little speech was overly dramatic and blowing everything out of proportion and he thinks I'm privileged. Oh no, somebody thinks I'm privileged. Ouch, that really hurts.

Comment

Get off your arrogant high horses, dannubis, Darius, HC, and KH.

The fact that it's you bunch in agreement (and maybe throw in gribbler, Solomwi, and Imran or Asher, for good measure), tells me all I need to know about me being right.

The privileged few calling me arrogant and ungrateful

I obviously can't speak for HC, but what evidence do you have that dannubis, KH, and I are the "privileged few"? I got my start in fast food and worked full-time through every post-junior-high educational experience I've ever had, you presumptuous twit.
                    Unbelievable!

Comment

• Pretty sure Alby defines "privileged" as someone who does not live in Philly. It's the only way his declaration makes sense.

Comment

I obviously can't speak for HC, but what evidence do you have that dannubis, KH, and I are the "privileged few"? I got my start in fast food and worked full-time through every post-junior-high educational experience I've ever had, you presumptuous twit.
                        I grew up in the top 20-30%. Not poor, but hardly privileged few. I'm privileged by my innate talents, which I've done nothing to deserve...
                        12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                        Stadtluft Macht Frei
                        Killing it is the new killing it
                        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Did you work in fast food after receiving your bachelor's?
                          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• So Apolyton thinks I should work a dead-end job I hate that has no relation to my interests, my education, or my future career...? Why?

Comment

• No, Apolyton is mocking the letter you wrote and denigrating military service.

Comment

So Apolyton thinks I should work a dead-end job I hate that has no relation to my interests, my education, or my future career...? Why?
                                Dead end job? DEAD END JOB?

Didn't you just tell us they gave you a promotion and threw you into the hard jobs? Sounds to me like they want you for bigger and better things.

Then you go and slap them in the face?

You are a disappointment.
                                No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Working...
                                X