Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• European cultural imperialism when it's worst

Azerbaidjan has just won the european song contest
    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Oh it's over. Seems my internet refuge will soon be a thing of the past.

Comment

Azerbaijan?! Sh*t!
      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I've always suspected that Eurovision has more to do with politics than anything else. If you pay an exorbitant fee, you get through to the final instantly (e.g. France does this). And neighbouring countries always 'curiously' exchange votes (I give you 10 points, you give me dix points). Bah.

Comment

I didn't know countries turkic speaking islamic asian countries which are historical parts of Persia could win European song contests
          I need a foot massage

Comment

ESC
            Blah

Comment

Originally posted by Barnabas View Post
              I didn't know countries turkic speaking islamic asian countries which are historical parts of Persia could win European song contests
              They are historically parts of Russia, Persian parts are still not independent from Iran.
              Graffiti in a public toilet
              Do not require skill or wit
              Among the **** we all are poets
              Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnabas View Post
                It still geographically falls within Europe. Israel however...
                Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Since it was taking place in Krautland, a "European cultural imperialism when it's wurst" title would have made sense.

Also, I apologise for Stefan Raab.
                  Blah

Comment

Azerbaijan is north of the Caucasus, and west of the Caspian Sea so it's Europe
                    Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                    GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Also, at some point in history Germany reached nearly to the Caspian, so it's ok
                      Blah

Comment

if you stayed longer they would be singing better
                        Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                        GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Blah

Comment

OK, maybe not

Comment

Just imagine they'd win every time then
                              Blah

Comment

Working...
                              X