White House Poetry Controversy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting fact to come out of this:

In 1991, Eazy E attended an invitation-only White House luncheon for the elder Bush:

"Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Maybe my memory isn't the greatest but I don't recall this at the 2009 White House Christmas Tree Lighting...

and this the next year:
      Hip-Hop artist/actor Common will host the 2010 National Christmas Tree Lighting ceremony, the National Park Service and the National Park Foundation announced November 23rd.

Common will preside over ceremonies, which will be broadcast from the Ellipse at President’s Park in Washington D.C., throughout the United States on Public Television, on December 9th at 5:00 PM
      Getting any controversy. Umm... yeah. Explain, please.

Where was the outrage about 'gangsta rapper' Common during those White House invitations?
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

It just shows that the right is running a little short on anti-Obama ammo right now, what with the death of birtherism, the OBL thing, 250K new jobs and such. But don't worry; they have the attention span of a 3-year-old and will soon be onto something else.

Common should be grateful for the +cred it's giving him.
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Is he a rapper? I rest my case.

Comment

If you didn't see Jon Stewart on this topic tonight, make it a point. Great bit.
            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Well here it is:

Comment

Working...
              X