Working out + lactose = bad??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Working out + lactose = bad??

I have had a habit of grabbing a bottle of chocolate milk right after workout. But recently someone told me that eating or drinking anything that has lactose in it will cause your muscle cells to not recover as well from the work out.

Is that true?
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

No. The lactic acid in your muscles after a workout has nothing to do with the lactose in the milk you drink.
    <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by loinburger View Post
        No. The lactic acid in your muscles after a workout has nothing to do with the lactose in the milk you drink.
        The guy told me that the lactose in dairy products will increase the lactic acid in my muscles.

How is the lactose in milk different from lactic acid in muscles anyway?

Comment

Never mind - from wikipedia:

Contrary to popular belief, this increased concentration of lactate does not directly cause acidosis, nor is it responsible for delayed onset muscle soreness.[8] This is because lactate itself is not capable of releasing a proton,[8] and, second, the acidic form of lactate, lactic acid, "is not produced in muscle".[9] Analysis of the glycolytic pathway in humans indicates that there are not enough hydrogen ions present in the glycolytic intermediates to produce lactic or any other acid.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun View Post
            The guy told me that the lactose in dairy products will increase the lactic acid in my muscles.

He's an idiot. Despite the name they are not related at all. Lactose is a disaccharide that is broken down into glucose and galactose, and both can be readily utilised as sugars.
            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun View Post

He's full of ****.
              "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
              'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Awesome - glad I can drink yummy chocolate milk after my workouts.

Comment

This thread is racist towards the Lactose Intolerant, you, elitist milk drinker
                  I need a foot massage

Comment

yep

Comment

Working...
                    X