Building a home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Asher View Post
    Do you seriously not understand what a prairie is? You're unbelievable. Typical American stereotype.
    Much of america is prairie...I just don't live in that part of America.
    If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
    ){ :|:& };:

Comment

• Is this really an American stereotype? America has prairies and normal Americans visit other parts of America at some point in their lives.

Comment

• Originally posted by gribbler View Post
        Is this really an American stereotype? America has prairies and normal Americans visit other parts of America at some point in their lives.
        It's the American stereotype to not know **** all outside of your little corner of civilization. Your state, your country...

The stereotype is a country of self-absorbed ignorant brats.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• I've been to 20 different states and lived in three (if you include my time in Pittsburgh as living here). I'm not like Alby who's never been out of his little pocket of his little town.

I have also been to Israel and a Canadian province (British Columbia), so I have left the US...though not very much.
          Last edited by Hauldren Collider; October 22, 2011, 18:42.
          If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
          ){ :|:& };:

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
            It doesn't look like civilization. I'll tell you that.
            Err. Of course prairie isn't civilization. It's prairie.

Civilization is in what we in Canada call cities.

"The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• While I support the fact that President Asher moved away from the Left Coast/California, he made the mistake of then moving to Canada. Like any true liberal, I'm sure he did so in response to some unfavorable electoral outcome. But this only shows that he is not a true American and unfit to be our President.

Comment

• Why should our president be a True American? I'm not sure if our forum can handle so much courage and decisive leadership.

Comment

• Asher-- it seems to be coming together nicely-- its great when they start doing the paining and finish elements and you get to actually see when rooms come together --I forget-- when is your anticipated possession date?

IN the meantime, please feel free to continue berating those that unfamiliar with the concept of a prairie
                  You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Originally posted by onodera View Post
                    Not heated air, heated water. You can't reliably heat air.

Propane tank? Check. Septic tank? Check. Waiting for someone from the suburbs to tell me they have their own well. And a diesel power generator.

I have a well, septic and a propane tank at my cabin in the woods in British Columbia .. but we did pay to get ourself hooked into the hydro system so we may just pick up a small diesal generator as an emergency backup
                    You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Originally posted by Flubber View Post
                      Asher-- it seems to be coming together nicely-- its great when they start doing the paining and finish elements and you get to actually see when rooms come together --I forget-- when is your anticipated possession date?
                      Indeed it is. It's great to see what's new every week.

Possession date is January 20th, final walk-through is December 19th.

I get to use boxing week sales to buy the 70" bonus room TV, 55" great room, and 55" master bedroom TV.

Plus tons of furniture.

IN the meantime, please feel free to continue berating those that unfamiliar with the concept of a prairie

Comment

It's freaky as **** to see an open expanse of nothing. Where's the buildings?
                        Travel more, Albert. Get out of the city because most of the world looks like that. Empty.
                        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flubber View Post
                          I have a well, septic and a propane tank at my cabin in the woods in British Columbia .. but we did pay to get ourself hooked into the hydro system so we may just pick up a small diesal generator as an emergency backup
                          Dachas don't count. I **** into a bucket in mine because I won't build a septic tank until I start building a new house.
                          Graffiti in a public toilet
                          Do not require skill or wit
                          Among the **** we all are poets
                          Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

It's freaky as **** to see an open expanse of nothing. Where's the buildings?
                            Priceless.

Comment

• Week 16: Cabinets have arrived, more finishing touches (baseboards, door trim, doors installed), fir

Week 16: Cabinets! Ensuite bathroom.
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	House Construction 001.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	33.5 KB
ID:	9092090

Week 16: Cabinets! Ensuite bathroom.

Name:	House Construction 002.jpg
Size:	32.1 KB
ID:	9092091

Week 16: More finishings: baseboards in the master bedroom.

Name:	House Construction 003.jpg
Size:	14.6 KB
ID:	9092092

Week 16: More finishings: baseboards in a bedroom.

Name:	House Construction 004.jpg
Size:	30.5 KB
ID:	9092093

Week 16: Cabinets in the kitchen.

Name:	House Construction 007.jpg
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	9092094

Week 16: Fireplace mantle construction has begun for the great room's fireplace.

Name:	House Construction 008.jpg
Size:	32.9 KB
ID:	9092095

Week 16: Cabinets in the kitchen.

Name:	House Construction 009.jpg
Size:	39.6 KB
ID:	9092096

Week 16: Cabinets in the kitchen. Pantry door with reeded glass installed. Cabinet to left of pantry door will also have reeded glass doors.

Name:	House Construction 012.jpg
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	9092097

Week 16: Fireplace mantle construction had begun for the bonus room's fireplace.

Name:	House Construction 015.jpg
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	9092098

Comment

• What are the lights in the kitchen? Halogen?
                                Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Working...
                                X