No announcement yet.

Building a home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's the foothills of the rocky mountains. The grass is only totally green for a couple months of the year, otherwise it's brownish (see left side).

The other part of the photo is dirt, because it turns out they don't build subdivisions on grass -- they grade it. The hills in the distance on the right side will comprise the community called Evansview.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Also, most of Alberta is a prairie. I'm not sure if they teach what such a place is in Philly schools, so here is a link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prairie
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• It's also overcast today, which gets rid of any colour you may otherwise see.

From a couple months ago, you can see what the natural land is like in the distance.

Click image for larger version

Name:	House Construction 016.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	9092073

Name:	House Construction 015.jpg
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	9092072

Name:	House Construction 014.jpg
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	9092071

Comment

• It looks like something out of Mad Max to me.
          "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
            It looks like something out of Mad Max to me.
            You need to get out more.

It's just Alberta prairie.

Comment

• You're in for a world of shock if you ever leave PHILADELPHIA. Don't spend too much time in the middle east because I hear they have a lot of actual deserts.

Comment

• The Alberta Badlands are more like something out of Mad Max:

But prairies? No.

Comment

• It seems kind of odd to me. I'm used to being surrounded on all sides by trees. Virginia (at least Northern Virginia) is basically a giant forest with bits cut out of it for cities.
                  If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                  ){ :|:& };:

Comment

• It's freaky as **** to see an open expanse of nothing. Where's the buildings?
                    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• This is why everyone makes fun of Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                        It's freaky as **** to see an open expanse of nothing. Where's the buildings?
                        Hopefully you'll get sent to Afghanistan and stop making these dumbass comments.

Comment

• Afghanistan is a hellhole. What's a supposedly urbane member of civilization, like Asher, doing in a place that looks like Afghanistan?

Comment

• Philadelphia is a hellhole. What are you doing there? I'll just avoid living in cities for the rest of my life because I'd hate to live in a landscape that vaguely resembles Philadelphia

Comment

• Do you seriously not understand what a prairie is? You're unbelievable. Typical American stereotype.

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher View Post
                                Do you seriously not understand what a prairie is? You're unbelievable. Typical American stereotype.
                                It doesn't look like civilization. I'll tell you that.

Comment

Working...
                                X