• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Yes, but can he cook ?"
    "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

• Update.

Picked out granite, hardwood, tile, paint, backsplashes, carpet, trim, doors, door hardware today...

Kitchen granite is Silver Pearl:

It's slightly bolder in person, with some slight reflective bits.

Kitchen cupboards are the lighter brown I posted earlier.

Kitchen hardwood is natural birch:

Bathroom counters are quartz, not granite. They're white:

(Same cabinets)

Ensuite bathroom tile is 12x24" white-ish tile. Backsplash is a great patterned glass (in random rectangles of various shades).

The rest of the baths got a dark grey tile with a similar backsplash.

Carpet is a neutral very light grey/brown/taupe.

Paint is white-ish with a hint of gray, trim is white (it's a good contrast, subtle but definitely there).
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher View Post
        MM: Are you one of those people keeping the lime green range in hopes of a resurgence?
        Nope, though the first fridge I ever owned, donated from the basement by my parents, was harvest gold.

Classic white with gray trim.

My stand mixer, OTOH, is fire engine red.
        No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

• It has begun!

Click image for larger version

Name:	268515_686825130977_120600515_36804434_712061_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	101.3 KB
ID:	9090661

Name:	285265_686825120997_120600515_36804433_2861946_n.jpg
Size:	96.3 KB
ID:	9090662

Name:	267940_686825091057_120600515_36804432_3356547_n.jpg
Size:	120.3 KB
ID:	9090663
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

It's slightly bolder in person, with some slight reflective bits.
            Those reflective bits are most likely mica. Mica is a very interesting sheet silicate which cleaves planeally in thin paper like sheets; what's really cool is each of those sheets can be deformed plasticly and it will go back to it's original shape. That's really unusual for a mineral.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• That lot looks small and your neighbor is right on top of you. Dude, I live in California, land of the small lots, but even I think that one is too close to the neighbors.
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oerdin View Post
                That lot looks small and your neighbor is right on top of you. Dude, I live in California, land of the small lots, but even I think that one is too close to the neighbors.
                Narrow, longer lots are what you get, unless you want to spend $500K on the lot alone. It's 36 feet across, 120 feet long (plus a 20 foot wide pathway between my house and the neighbour behind me). They're close at the side, but there's virtually no windows at the side anyway.

Even for that lot, it was $180,000 for just the dirt.

IIRC there only has to be ~10 feet between the walls of each house.

Comment

• You should sell body burying space right now.
                  "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                  'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• That'll obviously be going in to the sub-basement catacombs and tunneling complex that'll also house a bomb shelter, sex dungeon, and Filipino boarding house. Two of these things may be the same thing.

Comment

• An igloo would be cheaper, cut up some ice and make it yourself.

Comment

• Welcome to suburbia.
                        You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

• Looking forward to it. I'm done with the urban flat/condo thing.

Comment

• Well, it's a good investment. Hold onto it for a few years then buy a house in the country.
                            You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

They're not builder options. I went to the largest appliance dealer in the city. It's a massive warehouse...not going to find more selection than that. They must've had 40 different types of Fridges alone...and a quick google search on the iPhone showed their prices to be cheaper than everyone else, when using the builder cost program.

I took the credit instead of the builder option appliances, because I didn't like them.

The idea of an appliance uplift was in your plan all along I am sure. Builder allowances for appliances are rarely anything you want and the upgrade is inevitable ---- (as I believe a Calgary based apolytoner advised before you even signed up.)

I bet I got my appliances at the same place as you and we also went for quality-- 9 years later and no issues (and our Bosch diswasher IS VERY quiet-- In fact my biggest complaint is sometimes you forget its on and open it mid cycle)
                              You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Trail?

Comment

Working...
                                X