No announcement yet.

Building a home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like how Asher said he hated gas stoves (for some reason), but when I mentioned "Electric stove?", everyone joined in praising gas, and now Asher's mind is suddenly changed. A change of mind on Apolyton no less
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher View Post
      Now you all have me torn on the stove.

I'm now leaning towards induction...
      If you can get Induction, get it. It's awesome.
      You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

I've heard induction is terrible for woks and other non-large surface area, flat cook bottoms.
        You say that but I can cook stir-fry on Induction fine.
        You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
          I like how Asher said he hated gas stoves (for some reason), but when I mentioned "Electric stove?", everyone joined in praising gas, and now Asher's mind is suddenly changed. A change of mind on Apolyton no less
          I spoke to many people about it. I don't care how you cook your spaghetti-Os.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I spoke to many people about it. I don't care how you cook your spaghetti-Os.
            HAHA, that's hilarious and cruel.
            "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• You can always get a plug-in electric stove if you decide you hate gas, right?
              If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
              ){ :|:& };:

Comment

• F the stove... all you need is a woodfired pizza oven
                Monkey!!!

Comment

• I'd go with natural gas too especially with all the other NG hookups. It's definitely the best for cooking IMO. I think NG dryers are very efficient/fast but I've never owned one. You might want to look into it though.
                  We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                  If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                  Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

• I originally like to cook with gas the most, but as I did more cooking that required a low simmer, I converted to electric. On most gas ranges even the lowest setting can be too hot. And those simmer burner covers really weren't that good and looked awful. I went to one of those flat ceramic tops and they are so much easier to clean and look nicer. So I traded the high temperature advantages of a gas range for the cleaner looking, better lower temperature control.
                    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Yeah, if you dont have heavy cookware that spreads the heat, simmering can be troublesome with a flame. Since Asher doesnt seem to be much of a cook, a gas stove might be a problem.
                      We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI

Comment

• I don't really have that problem with gas, but I bet they have decent cookware anyway!
                        Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                        Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                        We've got both kinds

Comment

• I think this is my stove.

It looks sharp, has two ovens (one gas w./ convection fan, one electric) and five burners, and comes with both the center burner grate and the center griddle.
                          No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

• $1300! Did you tell em you didnt need the car that came with it!

Comment

• It says $800 in rebates... why don't they just charge $500?

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post
                                I originally like to cook with gas the most, but as I did more cooking that required a low simmer, I converted to electric. On most gas ranges even the lowest setting can be too hot. And those simmer burner covers really weren't that good and looked awful. I went to one of those flat ceramic tops and they are so much easier to clean and look nicer. So I traded the high temperature advantages of a gas range for the cleaner looking, better lower temperature control.
                                It's funny because my first apartment stove/oven was the epitome of this. But the current one my wife and I have really does simmer very well. I was kinda dreading it but the stove is like 5-6 years old and it simmers!
                                "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                                'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Working...
                                X