X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
    Electric stove?
    Yes. I don't like gas stoves.

And too many lights. Damn that's tacky. 15 lights in the kitchen alone. What sense does any of that make plus changing lightbulbs would be annoying as hell.
    The kitchen has 9 lights on two different switches. They're not overly bright individually and are quasi-directional (and can be aimed). The three hanging down over the eating ledge are on their own switch.

The other light in the foreground is in the nook, and it's on its own switch.

I don't see what would be annoying about changing them. Especially considering how long CFL/LED bulbs last...
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher View Post
      The kitchen has 9 lights on two different switches. They're not overly bright individually and are quasi-directional (and can be aimed). The three hanging down over the eating ledge are on their own switch.

The other light in the foreground is in the nook, and it's on its own switch.

I don't see what would be annoying about changing them. Especially considering how long CFL/LED bulbs last...
      Dude, get one main big light over the counter. It's tacky which so much crap coming down from the ceiling.

"Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• I'm not going to subject myself to Kanye.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• All of the Lights seemed relevant.

And you read posts too ****ing fast. I can't even make a quick DanS.

Dude, get one main big light over the counter. It's tacky which so much crap coming down from the ceiling.
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Yes. I don't like gas stoves.

I don't know anybody that has a gas stove.
            Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Garth Vader View Post
              I don't know anybody that has a gas stove.
              Canada

Comment

Yes. I don't like gas stoves..
                WTF?! Control is so much better.

Gas hob, electric oven FTW
                Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                We've got both kinds

Comment

• I have no problems wiht the kitchen per se. You may want to consider changing some of the light fixtures out for hanging pots pans etc. Also I have a preference for the center island being the stove area. Thus the hanging pots and pans over the center island are easily accessible etc.

IN such an arrangment the sink would necessarily be near the dishwasher.

just me though.

Don't know if that allows an easy breezy eating spot that the picture would seem to indicates.
                  "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

• if you plan to do a lot of cooking a gas stove is much better.
                    "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

• Why would anyone get anything but a gas stove other than they hate cleaning the range?
                      "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                      'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Just cook in the fireplace. Things you catch and skin yourself

Comment

And so it begins! Still at least a month away from the start of construction.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]169366[/ATTACH]
                          Is that permafrost? Or does it get green sometimes, dunno, in spring?

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeH View Post

They tend not to heat as evenly as modern electric stoves. Their main advantage is they heat faster.

I've also had friends have to deal with electric ignitions that die after a couple years, etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by VetLegion View Post
                              Is that permafrost? Or does it get green sometimes, dunno, in spring?
                              It's dirt, fresh from grading.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeH View Post

Seconded! Gas stoves were a selling point for my place. Also, nice place, Asher.
                                “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                                "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Working...
                                X