Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fun With Stats

Taking my online Traffic School. Came across these "Positive Stats"

A. According to research by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), 27,675 lives were saved between 1975 and 2009 due to minimum drinking age laws.
    And how many more would be save if we lowered the minimum drinking age to 15? Really? What the hell does this stat prove?

B. In 1982, 35 percent of all drivers involved in fatal traffic crashes had a BAC of .08 percent or higher. In 2008, just 22 percent of all drivers involved in fatal crashes had a BAC of .08 percent or higher.
    Does this just go to show that people are learning to drive drunk? Or is it proving that even sober idiots cause accidents too?

C. From 1982 to 1999, the number of young drivers who died in an alcohol-related traffic crash in which another young driver was involved decreased by 62 percent.
    Does this conflict with A?

D. Due to new minimum drinking age laws, lower BAC laws, and activist groups such as MADD and SADD, countless lives are being saved each year. By educating our children on the dangers of drinking and driving, we should be able to lower the number of impaired driving incidents even more...
    If they're "countless" how the heck is this a stat?

People are stupid, and stupid people drink. Don't drink and drive, and don't belive stupid stats.

That is all.
    Monkey!!!

MADD is my arch-nemesis.
    John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

I figured you more for a stoned driver than a drunk driver
      <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Originally posted by Felch View Post
        MADD is my arch-nemesis.
        In College we used to kid about forming DAMM

Drunks Against Mad Mothers...somehow it never took off though......
        "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Originally posted by loinburger View Post
          I figured you more for a stoned driver than a drunk driver
          I am, but I still don't like the moralizing do-gooders.

Comment

Originally posted by Felch View Post
            I am, but I still don't like the moralizing do-gooders.
            Isn't that what rifles are for?
            "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

I like how you think, Doc.

Comment

You've misinterpreted point "A".
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Working...
                X