16-year-old girl charged as an adult in sex attack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 16-year-old girl charged as an adult in sex attack

VALPARAISO | Prosecutors opted Monday to exercise their right to charge a 16-year-old Valparaiso girl as an adult on accusations of handcuffing, confining for hours and sexually assaulting a 17-year-old boy last week.

April Kuchta, of the 300 block of Roseland Terrace, was charged with felony counts of cr More..iminal deviate conduct, criminal confinement, intimidation and sexual battery, as well as a misdemeanor battery charge.

The seriousness of the first two offenses provide the option for adult charges without the more typical waiver process, said Deputy Prosecutor Tim Haraminac.
    Kuchta was transferred Monday from juvenile detention to the Porter County Jail.

The Times policy is to withhold the names of criminal suspects younger than 18, unless waived to adult court.

A 14-year-old girl, who also was charged with the offense, admitted in juvenile court Monday to battery and confinement charges, as well as to charges from earlier unrelated incidents.
    The girl, who wept during her hearing, told the court she used a fake knife and denied stabbing the boy. A sentencing hearing was scheduled for 8:30 a.m. May 9.

The charging information, which reveals far more details than were released last week by police, accuses Kuchta of luring the boy, who has special needs, to her house via text messages to talk between 8 and 9 p.m. April 9.

The boy then reportedly was led at knifepoint to the kitchen where he was handcuffed behind his back and poked with the knife.

Kuchta is accused of recording some of the incident with her cell phone while forcing the boy to make humiliating statements. She also is accused of sexually assaulting him and pleading with him for sex.

The boy allegedly was left in handcuffs for two hours covered completely with a blanket, during which time the younger girl is accused of placing tissue in his mouth and taping it shut. The girls are accused of inviting others over to witness the confinement.

An unknown male reportedly freed the boy at one point. He allegedly was recaptured at knifepoint and placed back in handcuffs by Kuchta, only to be freed again by an unknown person and bitten on the arm by Kuchta during a struggle for the knife.

http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/porter/valparaiso/article_7bb15762-08c3-59be-a45e-40e896348978.html Less..
    What the hell is wrong with the youth of today?

Yeah, you're a special needs kid and a girl pleads to have sex with you and you turn her over to the police. What is the matter with you?

Seriously though, this is pretty sick.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

nice..
      urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
        Yeah, you're a special needs kid and a girl pleads to have sex with you and you turn her over to the police. What is the matter with you?

Seriously though, this is pretty sick.
        Clearly the special needs kid knew she was too psycho to be worth it.
        Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Speaking of the youth of today:

RIVERSIDE, Calif. -- A 10-year-old boy was charged Wednesday with murdering his neo-Nazi father in the family's Southern California home in what prosecutors say is an extremely unusual case because of the child's age.

Riverside County prosecutors decided to charge the boy with murder involving the use of a gun after reviewing the facts surrounding the early Sunday morning shooting of Jeff Hall, a 32-year-old plumber who had carried a swastika flag and led rallies outside a local synagogue and day labor site.

Prosecutors declined to provide additional details until the boy enters a plea.

"To say it's unheard of is not hyberbole in this case," said Ambrosio E. Rodriguez, senior deputy district attorney. "This is extremely rare. It is almost unheard of – until today."

The small, blonde-haired boy appeared in juvenile court in Riverside on Wednesday in handcuffs but his detention hearing was delayed to May 18 in what public defender Matt Hardy said would be a "long haul" of a case.

The child did not enter a plea and remains in juvenile hall. After the hearing, he requested a visit with his step-mother and grandmother.

The boy, whose name is not being released by The Associated Press because he is a minor, is accused of shooting his father with a handgun in the family home in Riverside. Hall was found on the couch and paramedics pronounced him dead at the scene, said Riverside police Lt. Ed Blevins.

Authorities believe the shooting was intentional but declined to comment on a motive – except to say they do not believe Hall's neo-Nazi affiliation played a role.

There were no reports of a disturbance or argument before the shooting was reported to police, Blevins said.
          http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/05/04/10-year-old-boy-shoots-neo-nazi-dad_n_857635.html
          Blah

Comment

Kid must have played too much old school Call of Duty.
            John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Youth today?

I honestly think the 30 and under crowd today are far better behaved and more responsible than previous generations. I mean take a typical college student today vs. one in 1970.
              "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
              "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

what do you mean by that? i mean i'm pretty sure that most young people (excepting HC) are getting drunk, taking drugs and screwing anything that moves in college.
                "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

[Ron Perlman]Kids. Kids never change.[/Ron Perlman]
                  John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by C0ckney View Post
                    what do you mean by that? i mean i'm pretty sure that most young people (excepting HC) are getting drunk, taking drugs and screwing anything that moves in college.
                    A few things...
                    1) Not like the 1970's. Not even close to the 1970's.
                    2) Hard drugs?
                    3) Did you go to college yourself? Where?
                    4) No. Not really. Drinking and a fair amount of sex but free love orgies? No. Drug use? Honestly, not really, in my experience at Temple University. I'd say MAYBE half smoked weed at least occasionally from my experience. Very few would do pills. As for hard drugs? I never came across that among college students. That's some street crackhead ****, not college kid ****.
                    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Well certain drugs are up compared to 1993... but that's not what we're comparing, though. Not Generation Y vs. Generation X. Generation Y vs. Baby Boomers is where I think the youth are far better than they predecessors.

The percentage of college students saying they took potentially dangerous drugs during the previous year is up:

Any illicit drug
                      • 1993: 30.6
                      • 2005: 36.6

Marijuana
                      • 1993: 27.9
                      • 2005: 33.3

Hallucinogens
                      • 1993: 6.0
                      • 2005: 5.0

Inhalants
                      • 1993: 3.8
                      • 2005: 1.8

Cocaine
                      • 1993: 2.7
                      • 2005: 5.7

Heroin
                      • 1993: 0.1
                      • 2005: 0.3

Source: The National Center on Addiction and
                      Also saw this from the same research:

White students are more likely to use drugs and alcohol than minority students, and students at historically black colleges have much lower rates of substance abuse than other students, the study found.
                      That might actually color my experiences since Temple has the highest minority enrollment rate of any non-HBCU American university.

Comment

I must be balling...
                        Last edited by Al B. Sure!; May 11, 2011, 18:13.

Comment

Triple Double.
                          Last edited by Al B. Sure!; May 11, 2011, 17:39.

Comment

albert, i wasn't around in the 1970s but i don't think the young people are really all that different. young people want to rebel, they want to experience new things, to find about more about themselves and the world in general, to experiment. it's been this way since, oh, about the dawn of time. obviously some of the ways and means of this have changed, but the ideas behind it haven't really.

i went to university as we call it here. i've got a law degree.

the thing about your experience is that you're a straight edged guy and so obviously, you will gravitate towards people who are similar. we all do. i know did. i am though am not straight edged, i spent my time at university getting drunk, smoking weed, taking ridiculous amounts of pills and smaller amounts of other drugs, and trying to **** all the girls. naturally my friends were very similar to me (although that's not to say that everyone was the same or that everyone did everything). the truth for most is probably somewhere in between.

the point about our respective experiences is that this kind of disparity no doubt existed in 1970. some people took lots of drugs, got drunk often and had lots of sex and others, well, didn't.
                            "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

really albert, it's up to you to explain what you mean by your initial comment that young people today are 'better behaved' and 'more responsible' than those in 1970 and provide some evidence for your views.

Comment

Working...
                              X