No announcement yet.

Your iPhone is logging everywhere you go to a hidden file on the device

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, it's explicitly tied to your account address, not physical locations.

One of the advertised features is you can bring your US Kindle to Europe and still buy and download books over 3G.

This is also why I, in Canada, can simply change my address in Amazon to be in the US and order books only available in the US due to licensing restrictions.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

This thread prompted me to thinking. As cross border internet commerce grows, governments are going to have an increasing incentive to find ways to contain or recoup losses of sales taxes, tariffs and customs duties on cross border transactions. This could lead to efforts to find technological solutions with international co-ordination and enforcement of internet commerce. I expect the technological and regulatory difficulties would be a nightmare but given the volumes of money involved the governments may feel a real incentive to try (to protect their revenues). Can't say I'd thought of this before just now.

Comment

I really like the photoshop of Jobs in that article.
        Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

No we're not, it's supposed to do that, it's a bug, users are dumb.
          Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

"The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

In other news, the white Iphone is coming out, which will upload the photos you take on it to a central database in Steve Jobs' underwater lair.
              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Working...
              X