Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guess the State: Kindergarten student brings gun to school, injures 3 classmates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guess the State: Kindergarten student brings gun to school, injures 3 classmates

Kindergarten student brings gun to Texas school, three hurt

A kindergartener who brought a loaded gun to his Houston elementary school Tuesday was among three students injured by fragments when it fired after falling from his pocket as he sat down for lunch, officials said.

One bullet was fired about 11 a.m. in the Ross Elementary School cafeteria, spraying fragments at the students, said Houston Independent School District Assistant Police Chief Robert Mock.

“Either some type of chips off the floor, or it could be pieces of the round that discharged,” Chief Mock said. “They had some cuts and stuff on their legs, they don't appear to be life threatening.”

Two 6-year-old boys, including the one who had the gun, were wounded in the foot, said district spokesman Jason Spencer. A 5-year-old girl also suffered a foot injury, Mr. Spencer said.

All three children were put on stretchers and taken to ambulances, to be checked out at a hospital. The students were sitting up and appeared to be talking with emergency personnel as they were wheeled away.

Upset parents rushed to the school, where yellow crime scene tape was strung and more than a dozen Houston police and district patrol cars were parked outside as officers investigated where the boy got the gun.

Parents were allowed to take their children home for the day if they preferred to do so, and counselors were on hand as classes resumed for the afternoon, said district spokesman Norm Uhl.

“Although the danger is over, that doesn't make it any less frightening,” Mr. Uhl said.
    Texas
    33.33%
    Texas
    27.78%
    Texas
    38.89%
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

6 years old is kindergarten?

Spoiler:
    Rather telling I found that the oddest thing about the article
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

In Texas, children can be in kindergarten until they're 18. ABCs are hard.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin View Post
        6 years old is kindergarten?

Spoiler:
        Rather telling I found that the oddest thing about the article
        More recently schools have adopted a policy of ensuring that kids are at age 5 or turn five no later than October (I think) in order to attend K-garten.

My daughters are one of the younger in their respective classes with birthdays in the summer. A six year old in K-garten at this time of the year is not unusual (November - April birthday).
        "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Kindergarten to me makes me think 3 and 4 year olds (turning 4 and 5 in the year). It's a terminology thing - kindergarten is not the same thing across the globe.
          Last edited by Dauphin; April 19, 2011, 16:44.
          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Is it generally held to be a violation of the 2nd amendment to decide that, after an incident like this, that the gun owner has forfeited his right to gun ownership, at least for a time?

Probably.

-Arrian
            grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

"Dad, what's the 2nd amendment?"
              "Why do you ask son?"
              "Tomorrow the teacher will give us a lesson about it."
              "Excellent son, take this and show them you've done your homework"
              "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
              "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

all black school

Comment

Originally posted by Docfeelgood View Post
                  all black school

Yeah I know. All Black, just like Columbine
                  "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                  "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                    Yeah I know. All Black, just like Columbine

it is all black school

Comment

it is all black school
                      Oh wait... is this Doc saying something racist then acting like he was just mentioning facts again?
                      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

take it any way you want, but truth is truth

Comment

What is racist by saying it is a all black school?

Comment

What is racist by saying it is a all black school?
                            You seem to have an attitude of "of course this would happen in a Black school".

It's like how you post a thread about Planet of the Apes and link a video of some Black women fighting in a parking lot.

Comment

And actually, the stereotype is that white people do things like mass shootings, particularly school shootings.

That is why, for example, the DC sniper was initially believed to be a white male. A white male fit the 'psychological profile'.

Comment

Working...
                              X