No announcement yet.

A Game of Thrones - TV Show Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watched the 2nd episode yesterday. Yes, a bit less cluttered and quite enjoyable. I'm starting to remember more of the plot. The characters are getting more rounded out. SO far so good.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by Arrian View Post
      I'm most of the way through book 2 at this point. Martin sure loves the idea of a emotional yo-yo. Yay, good thing happened, immediately followed by a bad thing (both of which usually involve a bunch of people dying), rinse, repeat.

And, though the "evil" (or simply annoying, *coughSansacough*) characters do get some depth, I think it's fair to say that you know who the good guys are (even if they have flaws) and who the bad guys are (even if they have some redeeming qualities) pretty much from the get-go. Unless, of course, I've more to learn in the next 2 books (possible).

-Arrian
      Yes, you do have a slight bit more to learn in the next 2 books. Suffice to say, my favorite character is one of the most loathsome people in the 1st book / season.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by MrFun View Post
        Thanks for your thoughts.
        Hey, ******, do you have single brain cell in that cretinous lump of festering, malfunctioning goo that takes up the space in your skull?

I'd go and see a doctor if I were you, and say that you're suffering from an inability to read, understand, process thought and are generally failing dismally to function as a sentient human being.

You demented, moronic ****ing waste of oxygen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Arrian View Post
          And, though the "evil" (or simply annoying, *coughSansacough*) characters do get some depth, I think it's fair to say that you know who the good guys are (even if they have flaws) and who the bad guys are (even if they have some redeeming qualities) pretty much from the get-go. Unless, of course, I've more to learn in the next 2 books (possible).
          Yeah. Keep reading.
          "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

• Reading this thread was a bad idea, I have enjoyed the books so far, and the wait for the next book has been the primary negative of the series for me. This series sounds impressive so far, and I wish I had HBO to see it, I would think by the time it is out on DVD the next book will almost be out.....maybe

I would pay per view this if I could but also not an option for me I don't think

/me
            "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• Also Martin finished writing the fifth book a few hours ago, it'll be printed soon: http://grrm.livejournal.com/212603.html
              Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparrowhawk View Post
                Reading this thread was a bad idea, I have enjoyed the books so far, and the wait for the next book has been the primary negative of the series for me. This series sounds impressive so far, and I wish I had HBO to see it, I would think by the time it is out on DVD the next book will almost be out.....maybe

I would pay per view this if I could but also not an option for me I don't think

/me
                What about the HBO Go thing? (Not that I know anything about it, other than that it exists.)
                "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparrowhawk View Post
                  Reading this thread was a bad idea, I have enjoyed the books so far, and the wait for the next book has been the primary negative of the series for me. This series sounds impressive so far, and I wish I had HBO to see it, I would think by the time it is out on DVD the next book will almost be out.....maybe

/me
                  I know this site doesn't support such activity, but one of my "friends" said he had no porblem finding a HD copy on the internet...
                  Keep on Civin'
                  RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Internet pirates can suck a big bag of dicks.
                    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Internet pirates

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post

Internet pirates can suck a big bag of dicks.
                        I don't have time as I've too much video to watch.

Seriously though, I don't feel the least bit guilty as I will buy the DVD's when released. It's highly unlikely I would do so without seeing the series first.
                        "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                        "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• Yes, screen it before you buy it

Comment

• pirate bay sweden riaa usa

Comment

• I may be fairly accused as being biased, since I have a personal stake in this issue, but people who download copyrighted media without paying for it without the permission of the producers of said media (whether it be movies, TV, books, music, games) are petty thieves, and all the bleating they do to the contrary makes them look like spoiled, bratty children.
                              "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                              "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                                I may be fairly accused as being biased, since I have a personal stake in this issue, but people who download copyrighted media without paying for it without the permission of the producers of said media (whether it be movies, TV, books, music, games) are petty thieves, and all the bleating they do to the contrary makes them look like spoiled, bratty children.
                                ok

Comment

Working...
                                X