Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ecthy View Post
    Spoiler:
    Anyway, there's another plot element that would be revealed and sorted out with that theory: the dragon would finally have three heads.
    Spoiler:
    So, Jon, Danaerys, and who else?

Comment

• Spoiler:
      Young Griff

Althought this one might just die during his attempt on Storm's End, Connington's campaign coming to a rapid halt

Comment

• Spoiler:
        One last thing. It is mentioned somewhere online (wikipedia?) that GRRM has led the producers of the show in on "two important plot points" that were essential to the ongoing story as yet unpublished. If the R+L=J theory is true, it would be one of those plot points. The question is, what could be the other? Probably something spritual, about those religions and everything that goes on up north.

Comment

• Spoiler:
          Not what the hell the others are? There are a whole bunch of things that it could be though, like the identity of the Three-Eyed Crow, who Coldhands is, and so forth.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ecthy View Post
            Spoiler:
            Young Griff

Althought this one might just die during his attempt on Storm's End, Connington's campaign coming to a rapid halt
            Or...

Spoiler:
            There is speculation that Tyrion is actually the son of Aerys; it was hinted that he has a rather unsavory interest in Tywin's wife. I'm not sold on that by a long shot, but neither am I sold on the so-called Aegon. The only thing that makes me believe it even a little bit was Varys's speech to the eminently-dying Kevan.

Tyrion-as-Targaryen would tie in nicely to the Jon-as-Targaryen theory, both for the theme of secret histories, but also just on the personal level, as the two of them formed a rather nice friendship.
            "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
            "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• That just seems a little ridiculous to me. Why doubt Varys? It explains the motivation for all his conniving.
              If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
              ){ :|:& };:

Comment

• Spoiler:
                Tyrion as a Targaryen seems a little too far outside the realm of plausibility, and not really that useful from a plot standpoint.

Comment

• Oh, I agree. As I said, I don't buy it. I just don't buy the other "third head" at this point either.
                  "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                  "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
                    Spoiler:
                    Not what the hell the others are? There are a whole bunch of things that it could be though, like the identity of the Three-Eyed Crow, who Coldhands is, and so forth.
                    Spoiler:
                    I thought Coldhands was the reanimated corpse of Jon's Uncle who was a ranger.
                    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Spoiler:
                      I doubt that; Benjen's not been dead long enough. I would like coldhands to be the spirit of the last hero who drove the Others back.

e: but he's probably the night's king, and helping Bran as penance

Comment

• Spoiler:
                        I also wanna know what the hell happened to Ben Stark. I'm also not convinced there IS a third head at this point. They call it a Song of Ice and Fire. It just seems like it would be a great title drop if it were Jon Snow (ice) and Daenerys Targaryen (Fire)...I dunno.
                        If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                        ){ :|:& };:

Comment

• Spoiler:
                          More likely that ice = others and fire = dragons

Comment

• That. ^^^

Comment

• I haven't read any of the books, but here is my take on a few things from the show.

At first I thought that Renly was just going to be another character similar to Edward Longshanks son in Braveheart. Somebody who you wouldn't care if they were tossed out of the window. However, by the time he died, I thought he was a charismatic level headed leader who had a plan for being a good king. While he was ambitious and not a proven combat leader, I think he would have been far better than Robert at running the kingdom. So I can see why people flocked to him rather than Stannis.

Jamie to me while maybe likable to other characters around him is just completely reprehensible.

Tyrion/Dinklage are both awesome! Though his exchange with Varys was Epic.

Tywin/Robb both seem natural leaders. I would follow either.

Joffery/the redheaded witch/John Arryn's wife and son - I would love to see all of them brutally killed.

Last thing. How the hell did Winterfell burn down?

ps. Book readers please don't give me any spoilers. Any time I start a series in one medium (book/tv/movie/game) I want to finish it that way, before I go back and experience it the other way. So after season five or six (if they have that many) I will read the books.

Comment

• I don't want to get into spoilers so I'll avoid some of what you asked. As for why Winterfell burned down... There is a really good reason for it which the books cover much more in depth and which the TV show just sort of mentioned in passing. They have showed Lord Roose Bolton in the TV but I don't believe they've shown his bastard son Ramsay or gone into many of the rumors or small talk about the habits and personalities of either. If you really want to know click on the spoiler below.

Spoiler:
                                Lord Bolten is a self serving two timing piece of **** without any morality at all. His favorite past time is to rape peasant women and then when they start to bore him he sets them loose naked from his castle, gives them a few hours head start, then hunts them down with his pack of hounds. If he catches them he skins them (he keeps the skins some where in his castle and that's why their sigel is "The flayed man", he likes to skin people, and then feeds the rest of him too his dogs. He also loves to torture people for no one reason than because he can, often flaying a finger then leaving the rest of the finger attached until it starts to rot and the pain makes the person beg him to cut it off. His bastard son really wants to be just like daddy.

Anyway, Lord Bolton sees that Rob is in a weak position as he's at war with the Lanisters plus now the Ironmen have invaded. Rather than being loyal he has cut a deal with the Lanisters to betray the Starks and in exchange the Lanisters will make the Bolton's King in the North. So Lord Bolten did send word to his son, just like he told Rob, but not to capture Winterfell but to burn it and then blame it on the Ironmen. Bolten's bastard got the Ironmen to surrender by offering them safe passage but since he didn't want witnesses to his burning of Winterfell he had them all killed after they surrendered then burned Winterfell himself.
                                Last edited by Dinner; February 10, 2013, 19:48.

Comment

Working...
                                X