No announcement yet.

A Game of Thrones - TV Show Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just watched the episode again...I'm being grumpy, it's a pretty good episode if you accept the "Book is the book, the show is the show" argument. I just feel a bit sad that Davos is portrayed how he is.
    You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

• Maybe I missed it earlier in the thread, but what don't you like about how Davos is portrayed?
      ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

• I just noticed last week's episode of South Park had some Game of Thrones stuff in it.

Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by joncha View Post
          Maybe I missed it earlier in the thread, but what don't you like about how Davos is portrayed?
          Got to compare stuff to the books, so I'll spoiler it:

Spoiler:
          In the books Davos is trusted by Stannis, but he is not given command of the fleet going up the Blackwater, and it explicitly states that Davos thinks the navy is using a bad plan that leaves them exposed. Davos basically takes no blame for what happens, but in the show, he is the character at fault for the destruction of the fleet, which makes him look a bit thick. Also, Davos is not made Kings Hand until the middle of book 3 after he does a few other things. Basically, the character in the TV shows is portrayed in a completely different way.
          You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

• Not a whole lot to say about the finale, glad they got Jon and Dany back on track, spoilers follow

Spoiler:
            The problem is that, while that closing sequence with the Others was quite good, they are completely irrelevant to the plot for the foreseeable future, with the exception of Sam's immediate storyline, and Jon's storyline another couple years from now, when they just force the Wildlings south. I'm afraid the TV newbies are going to get White Walker blueballs.
            "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
            "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Isn't this the last episode of the season?

Comment

• Valar Morghulis, indeed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                  Not a whole lot to say about the finale, glad they got Jon and Dany back on track, spoilers follow

Spoiler:
                  The problem is that, while that closing sequence with the Others was quite good, they are completely irrelevant to the plot for the foreseeable future, with the exception of Sam's immediate storyline, and Jon's storyline another couple years from now, when they just force the Wildlings south. I'm afraid the TV newbies are going to get White Walker blueballs.
                  Probably correct. Works for the slower, more suspenseful pace of the books, but in a TV series may just become annoying.
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                  - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                    At least one of your concerns should be resolved after the next episode, if things follow the book relatively closely.
                    Yeah baby!

That's what I'm talking about.
                    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• n/m - looked it up
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• After introducing the dragons in season 1 it would be severely disappointing not to see them do damage during season 2. It just had to be done.
                        "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                        "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• At risk of spoilers, if you liked what you saw last night re: dragons... just wait until a certain scene that will hopefully be coming next season...

In the book, it where book three goes from "geez, this is getting dull, when are we going to get to the fireworks factory?" to "HOLY ****ING **** WHAT THE **** IS GOING ON AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"
                          "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                          "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• I'm surprised House of the Dying dude was so reckless.

EVERYONE knows you don't **** with dragons.

Comment

• Season 3 is going to be ridiculously awesome (If I'm right where they'll cut the book):

Spoiler:
                              Jamie losing his hand, Dany lighting up Astapor (is that the city she gets her Usullied), the Red Wedding, & I think just to balance it, they'll have Joffery dying in the finale scene - or I guess they could stick to dragons killing everything and making Dany warrior princess. Though I can see them doing what they did in S1, have a major Stark die in the 9th ep and then lift people's spirts up in the 10th - what better way to lift people's spirits up than Joffery dying?

Comment

• Wait for the show watchers who have read the books, did Robb end up marrying that Lady Talisa person:

Spoiler:
                                Did they cut out Jayne Westerling?

Comment

Working...
                                X