Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post
    Spoiler:
    I don't get how Storm's End could have fallen so fast to Connington because didn't Stannis say he held the city under siege for the entire time of Robert's Rebellion?
    Melisandre FTW.

Comment

• Now, am I mistaken, or was that the Knight of Flowers with Tywin Lannister at the end of the episode?
      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• It was indeed.

I wouldn't worry too much about all the new characters, as they'll probably end up having that one prostitute cover all their roles in the show.

Also, last episode.
        ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

• Interesting... is Renly's widow going to marry Joffrey now? That'll be interesting...

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyKP View Post
            Interesting... is Renly's widow going to marry Joffrey now? That'll be interesting...
            Very perceptive, well played.

Just wait til you see how interesting...
            "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
            "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Originally posted by kittenOFchaos View Post
              Melisandre FTW.
              Spoiler:
              Melisandre is at the wall while Stannis is attacking Winterfell. When Stannis defended it was during Robert's Rebellion against the Targaryans 16-17 years prior to the first book. During Robert's Rebellion Stannis held Storm's End for his older brother for the entire time against King Aerys forces and supposedly they were reduced to eating rats as all food was gone. That's when the onion knight got his name.

Anyway I doubt Melisandre would help a Targaryan retake the throne especially since he wants to do away with Stannis.
              Last edited by Dinner; May 28, 2012, 21:32.
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                Very perceptive, well played.

Just wait til you see how interesting...
                I figured it'd be happening several episodes ago after Renly was killed and then when Little Finger met with Tywin. Seemed pretty obvious from their conversation, but I just forgot about it in the weeks since.

But damn, with Lannisters & Tyrells united, the Barratheons wiped out, and the Greyjoys fighting against Starks, what the heck is Robb going to do? Eek! I suppose we're going to see more of House Tully & Arryn in the next season.
                Last edited by OzzyKP; May 28, 2012, 23:04.

Comment

• Spoiler:
                  Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                  Melisandre is at the wall while Stannis is attacking Winterfell. When Stannis defended it was during Robert's Rebellion against the Targaryans 16-17 years prior to the first book. During Robert's Rebellion Stannis held Storm's End for his older brother for the entire time against King Aerys forces and supposedly they were reduced to eating rats as all food was gone. That's when the onion knight got his name.

Anyway I doubt Melisandre would help a Targaryan retake the throne especially since he wants to do away with Stannis.

Huh? Was this supposed to be in spoiler tags?
                  Last edited by OzzyKP; May 29, 2012, 00:55.

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                    I'm betting that'll be more towards the middle of season four, but we'll see. I'm thinking 1.5 seasons for book 3, then somewhere between 1.5-2.5 for 4&5 together.
                    Has already been stated, IIRC, that Storm of Swords has been split into seasons 3 and 4.

Considering the end of SoS, it could ONLY be at the end of a season.
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyKP View Post
                      Huh? Was this supposed to be in spoiler tags?
                      Yes, but Dinner went back and changed it while yours is still open spoilered.
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Fixed. But since I'm just about the only one in this thread who hasn't read the books I guess the damage is done.

Comment

• Well it is Oerdin... he being the one who got called out for spoilers earlier up thread. Sorry it had to go this way for you.

Comment

• I think I'll live. With my memory it is nearly forgotten already.

Comment

• Most of it was covering stuff which the TV series already spoke about. Namely why the onion knight is named the onion knight and what Stannis was doing 16 years before current events. Just two episodes ago they covered this in the TV series.
                              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Well that'd be all well and good if, you know, you didn't include that first sentence which gave away a major plot points at the end of Book 3 and Book 5.

Comment

Working...
                                X