A Game of Thrones - TV Show Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
    ::shrug:: I'm just saying what I've read in other threads on other forums. They all think Cat is a dumbass and the entire Stark family is full of morons.
    Well, they're not wrong, but this is not the best example to use.
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Whoah. How are Arya and Bran morons?
      If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
      ){ :|:& };:

Comment

• Do your parents have HBO or not?
        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
          Whoah. How are Arya and Bran morons?
          Well, they're kids, they're morons in kid ways, such as Arya wasting her death picks.
          "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
          "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Actual reason for overprotectiveness >>> no really good reason for overprotectiveness (relative to situation of course) in "dumbass" ness.
            Cat isn't a dumb ass but she is a royal **** though.

Spoiler:
            I'm not just talking about how she treated Jon Snow either. She knows more about seigecraft than her son or her brother, in Riverrun her brother brings in all the peasants including the old and the young to protect them but she knew there wasn't enough food for everyone and it was strategically better to send the peasants who couldn't fight back to their homes, logically they probably would have been better off there as well, but her brother wouldn't hear it. She also was the one who advised Rob on a lot of political stuff which she was right about and he didn't always listen to. Finally, after she's killed and is brought back to half life she really shows a vindictive streak. Zombiness seems to have only made her more mean.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
              Whoah. How are Arya and Bran morons?
              Spoiler:
              Bran is a bit of a moron for running off to the north, into danger when one of his father's bannermen would have taken him in and protected him but he heard about a "green dream" and just had to "run" (be carried) off into wildling territory. Arya isn't a moron but she should have not named petty men for assassination and instead should have named key leaders if she wanted to help her family (Tywin and the Mountain would have been good) while she really half assed the whole escaping back to the north thing before finally sailing away to another continent without even really knowing why.
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Spoiler:
                Of course, later on Arya will, I think likely, be a badass assassin who is capable of killing her family's enemies herself in a most awesome and spectacular manner. I'm getting Ezio vibes.

Comment

• A new facial expression from Robb Stark! Well done, lad! We knew you could do it!

Good episode. This show does Machiavellian intrigue better than big emotions, and this was an intriguer.
                  The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

• Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
                    Spoiler:
                    Of course, later on Arya will, I think likely, be a badass assassin who is capable of killing her family's enemies herself in a most awesome and spectacular manner. I'm getting Ezio vibes.
                    Most definitely.

Spoiler:
                    though they seem to be killing each other off
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• So many spoilers! There is no one for us non-book people to talk to.
                      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Well start reading .
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Reading the books now would just spoil the TV shows.
                          "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                          "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• That's ok. The books are better .

Comment

• I'm glad I read the books a good while ago. I remember a lot of the major points but don't remember a lot of the details so I'm not upset when they change some minor details to make it fit into a TV series. The story still unfolds and I enjoy seeing some scenes that I don't remember (or were changed). I never went back to the books after the long layoff because I'm always worried that I have forgotten so much that it will distract from the enjoyment. I figure after I watch the first few seasons, it will be enough to go back and finish the books.
                              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

That's ok. The books are better .
                                At this point I wouldn't find that at all surprising. The "book" is generally better than the "movie" and I'm less impressed with the TV version of GoT with each episode.

If the books ever get finished I will read them after the TV version and get a whole new bunch of surprises (presuming of course I survive that long).
                                "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                                "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                                X