No announcement yet.

A Game of Thrones - TV Show Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I didn't think we had HBO. I'll check.
    If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
    ){ :|:& };:

Comment

• How long does this take to check? Come on HC! We're all waiting here!
      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Spoiler:
          Battle of the Blackwater with
          Bronn

Spoiler:
          Click image for larger version

Name:	tumblr_m48f1yrYVf1r9h4heo1_1280.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	9093372
          And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

• Wow. Now that is a blue screen shot if I ever saw one. Still, well done by the studio.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Supr49er View Post
              Spoiler:
              Battle of the Blackwater with
              Bronn

Spoiler:
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]171895[/ATTACH]
              That fire will most certainly burn them all away.

Comment

• I can't wait for the Battle of Blackwater this Sunday

Spoiler:
                Where is the Chain???
                And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

• So the chick Robb is falling for (and who is way hotter then the snow girl) wasn't in the book?
                  Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• I think perhaps the show people are streamlining the book - though its a shame. In the books the woman Robb goes for (Jeyne Westerling) brings up all sorts of fun questions...

Spoiler:
                    ie, did the Westerlings allow for the marriage of Jeyne to Robb in order to win favor with their Lords, the Lannisters?
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Streamlining the book?

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• I think that question is still in play; this "Lady Talisa" could still very well be a plant, and very well be a Westerling.
                        "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyKP View Post
                          Streamlining the book?
                          Yes, taking out a lot of the middle parts from point A to point B in the book.

Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                          I think that question is still in play; this "Lady Talisa" could still very well be a plant, and very well be a Westerling.
                          That would be a streamlining - though if so, I guess we'll find out what Martin's intent was. On one had, it ends the debate... though, on the other hand, it ends the debate (if you know what I mean).
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Oh, hmm. Well people were saying here that she was some new character the show made up. But if she still could be from the book, then I will ask no more about her.

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                              Yes, taking out a lot of the middle parts from point A to point B in the book.
                              Well that is inevitable. You can't include every page from a lengthy book into 10 or so tv episodes.

Comment

• Lady Talisa may or may NOT be a new character. It depends on if there is a "reveal" - though IMO it would make no sense.

I haven't been watching the season - just reading reactions to it. I am disappointed that the show is making Cat seem far more moronic and selfish than she was in the books.

Comment

Working...
                                X