No announcement yet.

A Game of Thrones - TV Show Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I could honestly care less about the books. I started reading them and don't like them much at all. I find the show a) much less depressing and b) way more fun.
    If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
    ){ :|:& };:

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher View Post
      Dinklage ain't, and he's the best part of the show.
      Are you and Zitboy Siamese twins or something?
      Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
        I could honestly care less about the books. I started reading them and don't like them much at all. I find the show a) much less depressing and b) way more fun.
        This is because you suck. The books are so much better than the show it's ridiculous (only natural since even with 10 eps, the show can't really talk about the backstory).
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• I am picking up the backstory just fine from the show. It spares me the details I don't care about.

Comment

• No you aren't. I will say no more due to spoiling possibility.

Ok, maybe two words hint of something you are missing out much on:

Rhaegar Targaryen
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Given the fact that I'm enjoying the show, it seems I can do without him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                They ain't gonna introduce Ser Penrose and have two separate shadowbaby assassin incidents when they've only got ten episodes to work with. Moreover, they need to show Margaery, instead of just talking about her until she shows up in book three; TV is visual.
                Spoiler:
                I don't really care about Penrose TBH, I care mostly about the bit where Davos is told he will command the fleet. That's the exact opposite of hte books and if TV Davos is the same charactor as the book Davos, then the Blackwater would have gone differently. How they make Davos not look like a moron is going to be really hard, and that's important in his development as a charactor.
                You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

• HC does have a point -- the show has far more gay sex than the books ever did. It does have its pluses.

"The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                  Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• It also has about 20 times as much straight sex as gay sex. In the first season, I only saw one gay encounter. Haven't watched the second yet, it has to come out on dvd.

I'm sort of wondering if HBO is doing this to pump up ratings or just because it can.

Comment

• Sex sell, no real surprise there.
                      I read the books and while there was some sex scattered through, it didn't seem as highlighted as in the series. Of course seeing it is always more memorable they reading about it.
                      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by MOBIUS View Post
                        Virtually the whole cast is British...
                        GRRM insisted on it because for some odd reason in the US when you're doing "medieval" stuff audiences seem to expect characters to have some sort of vague British accent. Remember what happened when Robin Hood Prince of Thieves had a main character with a midwestern accent? Everyone from the movie critics to regular movie goers made fun of it but if they use a guy with some sort of British or Irish accent viewers seem to accept it as correct. Odd but true.
                        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                          I could honestly care less about the books. I started reading them and don't like them much at all. I find the show a) much less depressing and b) way more fun.
                          HERESY! BURN THE HERETIC!
                          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                            GRRM insisted on it because for some odd reason in the US when you're doing "medieval" stuff audiences seem to expect characters to have some sort of vague British accent. Remember what happened when Robin Hood Prince of Thieves had a main character with a midwestern accent? Everyone from the movie critics to regular movie goers made fun of it but if they use a guy with some sort of British or Irish accent viewers seem to accept it as correct. Odd but true.
                            It could also have to do with the fact that the lore was inspired by Medieval English, with your Lords and your "sers" and your King.

An American accent would rightly be out of place.
                            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• I think Dinklage's fake British accent needs help.

Comment

• I bet you could get away with a Charleston, SC type accent.

American accents wouldn't sound as off as Aussie or Kiwi ones though.

Comment

Working...
                                X