A Game of Thrones - TV Show Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There's far more names in the books.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• dp
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• dp

Comment

• So we are apparently to be denied the book death of The Tickler.

Sad. That was one of the most horribawesome scenes in the entire books thus far.
            "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
            "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher View Post
              There's far more names in the books.
              Dear god, yes. Dozens and dozens and dozens of more names. GRRM wanted to create a whole detailed world and he certainly detailed a lot of the people in Westeros.
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher View Post
                There's far more names in the books.
                I saw this yesterday but the last caption only said "Hodor!".
                I LOLed.

I think in the one I saw Renly and Ned weren't there.
                The "always going on about climate change" is brilliant.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                  Dear god, yes. Dozens and dozens and dozens of more names. GRRM wanted to create a whole detailed world and he certainly detailed a lot of the people in Westeros.
                  It works better in books. Too many names/characters in a 1 hour TV can be hard on the infrequent viewers. Geeks like us don't care but the less fanatical viewers do.
                  "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                  "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• And viewers don't have a handy character tree on the back of the books to consult when needed.
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Yeah, I read the books. (WAY BACK WHEN THEY ORIGINALLY CAME OUT) and still find the need to check out an internet synopsis to make sure I'm following every story line properly.
                      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post
                        Yeah, I read the books. (WAY BACK WHEN THEY ORIGINALLY CAME OUT) and still find the need to check out an internet synopsis to make sure I'm following every story line properly.

I read the books last year so its easier to follow but some of the scenes around Margaree Tyrell are ones I don't recall from the book. They seem plausible and do create more of a backstory for her than I recall in the books.

Oh and was this last episode the first sexless one of the this season?
                        You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Originally posted by Flubber View Post
                          Oh and was this last episode the first sexless one of the this season?
                          I think it might be the first sexless one period.

Comment

• Darn, I was going to watch it tonight.
                            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Not one breast tonight!

Comment

• DP.
                                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                                X